<C-\>

Renato Fabbri
commands starting with <C-\> are most
often specified as reserved for extensions
in :h index

Is it reserved for extensions for the Vim system development
or for plugins developers, or for the user to tweak with,
or all the above and more? Or some other thing?

Best,
R.

Re: <C-\>

Tony Mechelynck
On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 6:14 PM, Renato Fabbri <[hidden email]> wrote:
> commands starting with <C-\> are most
> often specified as reserved for extensions
> in :h index

Commands consisting of Ctrl-\ followed by a lowercase letter are
listed as reserved for extensions. One of them is already used, i.e.
|c_CTRL-\_e|. A number of commands consisting of Ctrl-\ followed by
Ctrl-something are also defined. Then the index says: "Ctrl-\ other:
not used".

> Is it reserved for extensions for the Vim system development
> or for plugins developers, or for the user to tweak with,
> or all the above and more? Or some other thing?

I think that the Ctrl-\ + lowercase commands are reserved for
extensions of Vim; but of course that's just a guess: the
authoritative opinion in such matters would be Bram's.