macvim for Yosemite?

Russell Urquhart

Hi All,

I have been using Macvim on my old Powerpc mac for some time now, no problems. My wife bought me a newish mac mini running Yosemite OS X. In looking to see if there is a version of Macvim that runs on this, i seem to be getting conflicting reports. So i ask you the community, does any one know if there is a build for Macvim that runs ok under Yosemite?

Thanks,

Russ

Re: macvim for Yosemite?

Jack Stratton
Hi,

On 2015-05-21 10:41, Russell Urquhart wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been using Macvim on my old Powerpc mac for some time now, no
> problems. My wife bought me a newish mac mini running Yosemite OS X.
> In looking to see if there is a version of Macvim that runs on this, i
> seem to be getting conflicting reports. So i ask you the community,
> does any one know if there is a build for Macvim that runs ok under
> Yosemite?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Russ
>
> --

I've had good luck using the Homebrew package manager <http://brew.sh/>.

You can install the 'macvim' package via `brew install macvim` in
Terminal.

--
Jack

Re: macvim for Yosemite?

Richard Mitchell
On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 1:41:43 PM UTC-4, russur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been using Macvim on my old Powerpc mac for some time now, no problems. My wife bought me a newish mac mini running Yosemite OS X. In looking to see if there is a version of Macvim that runs on this, i seem to be getting conflicting reports. So i ask you the community, does any one know if there is a build for Macvim that runs ok under Yosemite?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Russ

MacVim runs just fine on Yosemite.  I'm running 7.4(75) and couldn't be happier (about MacVim anyway)

Re: macvim for Yosemite?

Richard Mitchell
On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 1:41:43 PM UTC-4, russur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been using Macvim on my old Powerpc mac for some time now, no problems. My wife bought me a newish mac mini running Yosemite OS X. In looking to see if there is a version of Macvim that runs on this, i seem to be getting conflicting reports. So i ask you the community, does any one know if there is a build for Macvim that runs ok under Yosemite?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Russ

Aren't I all wet.  I was going to ask why not just get the binaries straight from macvim.org, but I see the site is gone now.  That has always worked great for me and will surely be missed.

Is it going to come back or is gone for good?

Re: macvim for Yosemite?

Eric Christopherson
On Thu, May 21, 2015, Richard Mitchell wrote:

> On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 1:41:43 PM UTC-4, russur wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have been using Macvim on my old Powerpc mac for some time now, no problems. My wife bought me a newish mac mini running Yosemite OS X. In looking to see if there is a version of Macvim that runs on this, i seem to be getting conflicting reports. So i ask you the community, does any one know if there is a build for Macvim that runs ok under Yosemite?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Russ
>
> Aren't I all wet.  I was going to ask why not just get the binaries straight from macvim.org, but I see the site is gone now.  That has always worked great for me and will surely be missed.
>
> Is it going to come back or is gone for good?

I'm not sure how long it's been gone, but I don't remember seeing it for
quite some time. Its current home, if the Homebrew formula can be
believed, is now https://code.google.com/p/macvim/ - which redirects to
https://github.com/macvim-dev/macvim . (I'm unsure of how canonical it
is, though, since it's a fork of b4winckler's MacVim.)

--
        Eric Christopherson

Re: macvim for Yosemite?

Chris Lott
On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 3:15 PM, Eric Christopherson
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> redirects to
> https://github.com/macvim-dev/macvim . (I'm unsure of how canonical it
> is, though, since it's a fork of b4winckler's MacVim.)

That's the right one. If I recall correctly, Bjorn stepped down and
this is the "official" MacVim site now.

Chris Lott <[hidden email]>

Re: macvim for Yosemite?

Richard Mitchell
On Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 8:14:46 PM UTC-4, Chris Lott wrote:

> On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 3:15 PM, Eric Christopherson
> <echristopherson@> wrote:
> > redirects to
> > https://github.com/macvim-dev/macvim . (I'm unsure of how canonical it
> > is, though, since it's a fork of b4winckler's MacVim.)
>
> That's the right one. If I recall correctly, Bjorn stepped down and
> this is the "official" MacVim site now.

> Chris Lott <chris@>
Wow.  I'm pretty sure I downloaded snapshot-75 from macvim.org less than a month ago.  Shocked to see it gone.  I, selfishly, would have expected to see the site remain for a while with a banner it was no longer going to be updated.  ...of course, someone has to pay for that.