mapping <C-x><C-c> ?

M Kelly
Hi,

Any idea why this doesn't work ?

nnoremap <C-x><C-c> :conf qa<CR>

If I don't use the <C-c> but some other non-ctrl char it works fine.
I keep getting a msg:

Type :qa! and press <Enter> to abandon all changes and exit Vim

On this and also whenever I just type ctrl-c

thx,
mark

Re: mapping <C-x><C-c> ?

Sand Glass
On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 9:38:03 PM UTC+8, M Kelly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any idea why this doesn't work ?
>
> nnoremap <C-x><C-c> :conf qa<CR>
>
> If I don't use the <C-c> but some other non-ctrl char it works fine.
> I keep getting a msg:
>
> Type :qa! and press <Enter> to abandon all changes and exit Vim
>
> On this and also whenever I just type ctrl-c
>
> thx,
> mark
Are you in windows OS? If it is, it will confilct with windows OS shortkey.

Re: mapping <C-x><C-c> ?

M Kelly
> Are you in windows OS? If it is, it will confilct with windows OS shortkey.

Hi, no, sorry should have added that.  I'm on Linux, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS +hwe

Re: mapping <C-x><C-c> ?

David Woodfall
On Sunday 13 May 2018 07:22,
M Kelly <[hidden email]> put forth the proposition:
>> Are you in windows OS? If it is, it will confilct with windows OS shortkey.
>
>Hi, no, sorry should have added that.  I'm on Linux, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS +hwe

Yes, this is default behaviour on linux. You need to remap <C-c>
first, then map <C-x><C-c>.

-Dave

Re: mapping <C-x><C-c> ?

M Kelly
> Yes, this is default behaviour on linux. You need to remap <C-c>
> first, then map <C-x><C-c>.

thx so much

nnoremap <silent> <C-c> <Nop>

works great :-)
-mark

Re: mapping <C-x><C-c> ?

Andy Wokula
Am 13.05.2018 um 22:24 schrieb M Kelly:
>> Yes, this is default behaviour on linux. You need to remap <C-c>
>> first, then map <C-x><C-c>.
>
> thx so much
>
> nnoremap <silent> <C-c> <Nop>
>
> works great :-)