mappings when in vim from terminal not the same

mappings when in vim from terminal not the same

M Kelly
Hi,

Perhaps a bit circular, but I live in vim terminal a lot and when I start vim to edit a file from a terminal shell some of my mappings do not work as they do when starting vim outside of terminal (as from a standard zsh).

For example I have this:
nnoremap <silent> <C-LeftMouse> <LeftMouse>viW

When in vim from terminal this does not work.
Anyone have an idea ?
Could some tmaps cause conflicts ??
Note this mapping does work ok if in normal mode from terminal.
It just does not work inside vim when its started from terminal.

thx always for the wonderful vim universe,
-m

Re: mappings when in vim from terminal not the same

M Kelly
Hi,

One thing _I think_ is happening is my tmaps are being honored instead of (or perhaps before) my nmaps.
Perhaps I can tunmap some maps in this case ?
I'll post what I find.

thx,
-m

Re: mappings when in vim from terminal not the same

Tony Mechelynck
On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 7:46 PM M Kelly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One thing _I think_ is happening is my tmaps are being honored instead of (or perhaps before) my nmaps.
> Perhaps I can tunmap some maps in this case ?
> I'll post what I find.
>
> thx,
> -m

When in Terminal-Job mode, _only_ the mappings defined by tmap or
:tnoremap are active. OTOH, these mappings are active nowhere else.
See
        :help Terminal-Job
        :help map-overview

Re: mappings when in vim from terminal not the same

M Kelly
Tony, hi

> When in Terminal-Job mode, _only_ the mappings defined by tmap or
> :tnoremap are active. OTOH, these mappings are active nowhere else.

If I start a bash as a terminal job, and in that bash I start vim (I know circular and maybe not ok, but its what I did), then I still have
some tmaps active in that vim in its normal mode - or it acts that way.
Anyway, it may be too much to bother with, but it was interesting.

thx,
-m