:messages saves actually 200 messages in +small or higher version?

:messages saves actually 200 messages in +small or higher version?

tyru-2
Hi.

The definition of MAX_MSG_HIST_LEN in feature.h,
is 200 in +small or higher version.

--- quote ---
/*
 * Message history is fixed at 100 message, 20 for the tiny version.
 */
#ifdef FEAT_SMALL
# define MAX_MSG_HIST_LEN 200
#else
# define MAX_MSG_HIST_LEN 20
#endif
--- quote ---

But above comment and ":help :messages" says MAX_MSG_HIST_LEN is fixed
at 100.

--- quote ---
The number of remembered messages is fixed at 20 for the tiny version
and 100
for other versions.
--- quote ---

Which is wrong? or I missed something?

Re: :messages saves actually 200 messages in +small or higher version?

Bram Moolenaar

Tyru wrote:

> The definition of MAX_MSG_HIST_LEN in feature.h,
> is 200 in +small or higher version.
>
> --- quote ---
> /*
>  * Message history is fixed at 100 message, 20 for the tiny version.
>  */
> #ifdef FEAT_SMALL
> # define MAX_MSG_HIST_LEN 200
> #else
> # define MAX_MSG_HIST_LEN 20
> #endif
> --- quote ---
>
> But above comment and ":help :messages" says MAX_MSG_HIST_LEN is fixed
> at 100.

I recently changed the 100 to 200 when I could not see what I was
looking for.  I'll also update the comment, I missed that.

> --- quote ---
> The number of remembered messages is fixed at 20 for the tiny version
> and 100
> for other versions.
> --- quote ---
>
> Which is wrong? or I missed something?

That was actually updated.  Perhaps your help files are older than your
source code?  You need to get the latest help files from the Mercurial
repository.

--
If you feel lonely, try schizophrenia.

Re: :messages saves actually 200 messages in +small or higher version?

tyru-2
Sorry, I have seen older installed help file not vim73 repository's.
I installed vim73 to my system so that problem was solved. Thanks.