mksess can not keep my color settings

12

mksess can not keep my color settings

Woody Wu
Hi,

The colors I set in after/plugin/mycolor.vim can not be kept every time when I load (:so) a  previously saved session file. How to overcome this?

Thanks.

   -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 ([hidden email])

Re: mksess can not keep my color settings

Stahlman Family

You can use the SessionLoadPost autocommand to do whatever you like just
after a session file is sourced.
Caveat: doautoall is used to execute the SessionLoadPost autocommands,
so they're executed for each loaded buffer.

:help :au
:help SessionLoadPost

If it doesn't hurt to source your script multiple times, you could put
something like...
:au SessionLoadPost * :runtime after/plugin/mycolor.vim

...in your .vimrc. If your colors file sets something like
g:colors_name, you might use :finish at the top of it to skip loading
when it's already loaded. You could also try putting logic in the
autocommand itself that will cause it to do nothing for all but the
first buffer...

Brett Stahlman

Steven Woody wrote:
> Hi,
> The colors I set in after/plugin/mycolor.vim can not be kept every time when
> I load (:so) a  previously saved session file. How to overcome this?
>
> Thanks.

Re: mksess can not keep my color settings

Woody Wu

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Stahlman Family
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> You can use the SessionLoadPost autocommand to do whatever you like just
> after a session file is sourced.
> Caveat: doautoall is used to execute the SessionLoadPost autocommands,
> so they're executed for each loaded buffer.
>
> :help :au
> :help SessionLoadPost
>
> If it doesn't hurt to source your script multiple times, you could put
> something like...
> :au SessionLoadPost * :runtime after/plugin/mycolor.vim

Thanks, that's a good idea!

On 09/10/09 15:45, Steven Woody wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The colors I set in after/plugin/mycolor.vim can not be kept every time
> when I load (:so) a  previously saved session file. How to overcome this?
>
> Thanks.

To set colours more robustly, set them in a colorscheme. However, it is
*not* possible to tweak an existing colorscheme by adding
"after-commands" in a script in an |after-directory|, you have to write
a full-fledged colorscheme (possibly by modifying an existing one), give
it a new name and place it in the colors/ subdirectory of a directory
named early in 'runtimepath' (e.g. $VIM/vimfiles/colors/ if you want to
make it available to all users on your machine -- and have the
permissions for it).

My "almost-default" colorscheme
http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/almost-default.vim started
out as a "slight" modification of the default colorscheme: I notice that
it has grown quite a lot since then. Use it as a source of inspiration
if you want; you'll probably not use it "as-is" since some of the
colours it sets (such as User1 and User2) are used by settings elsewhere
(in this case, in the custom tabline defined by my vimrc
http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/.vimrc ).

See ":help :colorscheme".

"Apathy is not the problem, it's the solution"

Your listmails (was: Re: mksess can not keep my color settings)

Michael Wagner-10
* Tony Mechelynck <[hidden email]> 07.11.2009

Hello Tony,

why do you send your mails to [hidden email] and [hidden email]?
I have your mails always also in my folder for duplicates. It's not a
big problem, but I'm a little bit confused, because a few weeks ago you
sent the mails only to one adress. What's happening? Is it an accidental
misconfiguration of your mailprogram or is it your intention to send
them to both adresses?

Just my 2¢
Michael

--
  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  ... the choice of a

Re: Your listmails (was: Re: mksess can not keep my color settings)

Paul-433

This is probably because the vim web site says to sign up and post to @vim.org, but points to the google group for help, where you are told to post to @googlegroups.com. I got no response when I subscribed and posted to @vim.org. I think that the google groups one is the only one what is working...

--

.

Re: Your listmails

On 07/11/09 20:57, Michael Wagner wrote:

> * Tony Mechelynck<[hidden email]>  07.11.2009
>
> Hello Tony,
>
> why do you send your mails to [hidden email] and [hidden email]?
> I have your mails always also in my folder for duplicates. It's not a
> big problem, but I'm a little bit confused, because a few weeks ago you
> sent the mails only to one adress. What's happening? Is it an accidental
> misconfiguration of your mailprogram or is it your intention to send
> them to both adresses?
>
> Just my 2¢
> Michael

It is not my intention, but it depends on what was set on the post I
reply to.

When I start a new thread (not very often, but it happens), I send it
only to [hidden email] (or vim_dev@ etc.). When a post arrives
with both [hidden email] and [hidden email] in its "To and Cc",
the Gmail POP server is clever enough to deliver me only one copy, but
when I click "Reply to All", SeaMonkey puts them both in the To & CC --
if I notice it I'll remove @vim.org manually, but I don't always notice it.

This post of yours had only the @googlegroups.com address on it, so I
don't need to remove anything.

"Let me assure you that to us here at First National, you're not just a
number.  You're two numbers, a dash, three more numbers, another dash
and another number."
                -- James Estes

Re: Your listmails

On 08/11/09 19:09, Paul wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 08:57:16PM +0100, Michael Wagner wrote:
>> why do you send your mails to [hidden email] and [hidden email]?
>
> This is probably because the vim web site says to sign up and post to @vim.org, but points to the google group for help, where you are told to post to @googlegroups.com. I got no response when I subscribed and posted to @vim.org. I think that the google groups one is the only one what is working...

Apparently they are both working, since sending to both makes (at least
some) people get two copies.

Bet regards,
Adore, v.:
        To venerate expectantly.

Re: Your listmails

Michael Wagner-10
* Tony Mechelynck <[hidden email]> 09.11.2009
> On 07/11/09 20:57, Michael Wagner wrote:

> > why do you send your mails to [hidden email] and [hidden email]?
> > I have your mails always also in my folder for duplicates. It's not a
> > big problem, but I'm a little bit confused, because a few weeks ago you
> > sent the mails only to one adress. What's happening? Is it an accidental
> > misconfiguration of your mailprogram or is it your intention to send
> > them to both adresses?
>
> It is not my intention, but it depends on what was set on the post I
> reply to.
>
> When I start a new thread (not very often, but it happens), I send it
> only to [hidden email] (or vim_dev@ etc.). When a post arrives
> with both [hidden email] and [hidden email] in its "To and Cc",
> the Gmail POP server is clever enough to deliver me only one copy, but
> when I click "Reply to All", SeaMonkey puts them both in the To & CC --
> if I notice it I'll remove @vim.org manually, but I don't always notice it.
>
> This post of yours had only the @googlegroups.com address on it, so I
> don't need to remove anything.
Hello Tony,

I don't want to pace you, but I think there's a addon for SeaMonkey with
which you have the button "reply-to-list". I don't know SeaMonkey
because I've never used it and for my mails I use mutt.

You gave great answers here on this ML and when you do everything like
you did it before, it's ok for me. I only wrote the first mail, because
it was possible that it was a kind of misconfiguration.

I hope you are not affronted by my mail. If it's so, sorry.

Michael

--
"Do you trust one company to decide the future ? Chose Linux!"

Re: Your listmails

Tony Mechelynck

On 09/11/09 16:22, Michael Wagner wrote:
[...]

> Hello Tony,
>
> I don't want to pace you, but I think there's a addon for SeaMonkey with
> which you have the button "reply-to-list". I don't know SeaMonkey
> because I've never used it and for my mails I use mutt.
>
> You gave great answers here on this ML and when you do everything like
> you did it before, it's ok for me. I only wrote the first mail, because
> it was possible that it was a kind of misconfiguration.
>
> I hope you are not affronted by my mail. If it's so, sorry.
>
> Michael

I am not affronted at all; indeed I ought to check more often, before
clicking "Send", whether my post is going once or twice to the list.

If there really is a "reply-to-list" extension which works on SeaMonkey
(and I use SeaMonkey 2, whose backends are in some respects quite
different from those in SeaMonkey 1.x) I'd like to know what it is;
after I send this post I'm going to search addons.mozilla.org to see if
I find it, but if anyone has details about it, I think I'm not the only
Vimmer who would profit by it. ;-)

Ask not for whom the <CONTROL-G> tolls.

Re: Your listmails

Tony Mechelynck

On 10/11/09 11:48, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
[...]
> If there really is a "reply-to-list" extension which works on SeaMonkey
> (and I use SeaMonkey 2, whose backends are in some respects quite
> different from those in SeaMonkey 1.x) I'd like to know what it is;
> after I send this post I'm going to search addons.mozilla.org to see if
> I find it, but if anyone has details about it, I think I'm not the only
> Vimmer who would profit by it. ;-)

Didn't find it. Anyone knows details, please contact me privately or
on-list.

> Best regards,
> Tony.
185. You order fast food over the Internet

Re: Your listmails

Michael Wagner-10
* Tony Mechelynck <[hidden email]> 10.11.2009

> On 10/11/09 11:48, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> [...]
> > If there really is a "reply-to-list" extension which works on SeaMonkey
> > (and I use SeaMonkey 2, whose backends are in some respects quite
> > different from those in SeaMonkey 1.x) I'd like to know what it is;
> > after I send this post I'm going to search addons.mozilla.org to see if
> > I find it, but if anyone has details about it, I think I'm not the only
> > Vimmer who would profit by it. ;-)
>
> Didn't find it. Anyone knows details, please contact me privately or
> on-list.
Hello Tony,

look here:

http://tinyurl.com/yfpk7hv

At the addon site of mozilla it's not available. Don't know why and I
also don't know if it works with seamonkey. Have a look at it and when
it works for you can describe your experiences here on the list, because
I'm sure you're right that you are not the only Vimmer who wants an
addon like this.

Hth Michael

--
I haven't lost my mind!
I've got it on tape somewhere...

Re: Your listmails

Michael Wagner-10
* Tony Mechelynck <[hidden email]> 10.11.2009

> On 10/11/09 11:48, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> [...]
> > If there really is a "reply-to-list" extension which works on SeaMonkey
> > (and I use SeaMonkey 2, whose backends are in some respects quite
> > different from those in SeaMonkey 1.x) I'd like to know what it is;
> > after I send this post I'm going to search addons.mozilla.org to see if
> > I find it, but if anyone has details about it, I think I'm not the only
> > Vimmer who would profit by it. ;-)
>
> Didn't find it. Anyone knows details, please contact me privately or
> on-list.
Hello Tony,

another possible solution is 'muttator', but I also don't know if it
works for seamonkey. It's a thunderbird extension.

http://www.vimperator.org/muttator

Muttator is a free add-on for the Thunderbird mail client, which makes
it look and behave like the Vim text editor. It has similar key
bindings and you could call it a modal mail client, as key bindings
differ according to which mode you are in. For example, it the same keys
can select the next message while the message list has focus or can
scroll down an existing message when the message preview is selected.

Hth Michael

--
I haven't lost my mind!
I've got it on tape somewhere...

Re: Your listmails

bill lam

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> When I start a new thread (not very often, but it happens), I send it
> only to [hidden email] (or vim_dev@ etc.). When a post arrives
> with both [hidden email] and [hidden email] in its "To and Cc",
> the Gmail POP server is clever enough to deliver me only one copy, but
> when I click "Reply to All", SeaMonkey puts them both in the To & CC --
> if I notice it I'll remove @vim.org manually, but I don't always notice it.

This mailing list already altered the reply-to: field so that just
click "reply" will post to vim at googlegroups.com;  untested since I
don't use seamonkey.

--
regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24

Re: Your listmails

On 11/11/09 14:45, Michael Wagner wrote:

> * Tony Mechelynck<[hidden email]>  10.11.2009
>>
>> On 10/11/09 11:48, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>> [...]
>>> If there really is a "reply-to-list" extension which works on SeaMonkey
>>> (and I use SeaMonkey 2, whose backends are in some respects quite
>>> different from those in SeaMonkey 1.x) I'd like to know what it is;
>>> after I send this post I'm going to search addons.mozilla.org to see if
>>> I find it, but if anyone has details about it, I think I'm not the only
>>> Vimmer who would profit by it. ;-)
>>
>> Didn't find it. Anyone knows details, please contact me privately or
>> on-list.
>
> Hello Tony,
>
> look here:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yfpk7hv
>
> At the addon site of mozilla it's not available. Don't know why and I
> also don't know if it works with seamonkey. Have a look at it and when
> it works for you can describe your experiences here on the list, because
> I'm sure you're right that you are not the only Vimmer who wants an
> addon like this.
>
> Hth Michael

In the meantime (and thanks to a private email from another Vimmer) I
found out https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4455 which,
alas, is Thunderbird-only. Sent an email to the author (who wrote quite
a number of Thunderbird extensions) with CC to Philip Chee who replied
with a pointer to a mozillawiki article about porting Fx&Tb extensions
to SeaMonkey. We'll see if anything develops out of it.

BTW, I don't like tinyurl because you can't know where the link is going
before you use it. I'd rather have a long URL out in clear (even in
several lines, if your mailer can put it out readably). So I'll spell
out that tinyurl link here, it isn't that long:
http://alumnit.ca/wiki/?ReplyToListThunderbirdExtension

Had a look at that alumnit.ca page: Not a single word about SeaMonkey,
and requires the Preview Pane enabled (which is the opposite of what I
use). Two reasons to think it's not for me. I'm not trying it.

188. You purchase a laptop so you can surf while sitting on the can.

Re: Your listmails

On 11/11/09 15:15, Michael Wagner wrote:

> * Tony Mechelynck<[hidden email]>  10.11.2009
>>
>> On 10/11/09 11:48, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>> [...]
>>> If there really is a "reply-to-list" extension which works on SeaMonkey
>>> (and I use SeaMonkey 2, whose backends are in some respects quite
>>> different from those in SeaMonkey 1.x) I'd like to know what it is;
>>> after I send this post I'm going to search addons.mozilla.org to see if
>>> I find it, but if anyone has details about it, I think I'm not the only
>>> Vimmer who would profit by it. ;-)
>>
>> Didn't find it. Anyone knows details, please contact me privately or
>> on-list.
>
> Hello Tony,
>
> another possible solution is 'muttator', but I also don't know if it
> works for seamonkey. It's a thunderbird extension.
>
> http://www.vimperator.org/muttator
>
> Muttator is a free add-on for the Thunderbird mail client, which makes
> it look and behave like the Vim text editor. It has similar key
> bindings and you could call it a modal mail client, as key bindings
> differ according to which mode you are in. For example, it the same keys
> can select the next message while the message list has focus or can
> scroll down an existing message when the message preview is selected.
>
> Hth Michael

I'm not _that_ fanatically Vim-only: plain-vanilla (Thunderbird or)
SeaMonkey mail composing capabilities are good enough for me, especially
now that I've found all the "international" keys on my Belgian keyboard
(see http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/other/keybbe.htm ). But
maybe someone else will like it. :-)

Death is Nature's way of recycling human beings.

Re: Your listmails

On 11/11/09 16:10, bill lam wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Nov 2009, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>> When I start a new thread (not very often, but it happens), I send it
>> only to [hidden email] (or vim_dev@ etc.). When a post arrives
>> with both [hidden email] and [hidden email] in its "To and Cc",
>> the Gmail POP server is clever enough to deliver me only one copy, but
>> when I click "Reply to All", SeaMonkey puts them both in the To&  CC --
>> if I notice it I'll remove @vim.org manually, but I don't always notice it.
>
> This mailing list already altered the reply-to: field so that just
> click "reply" will post to vim at googlegroups.com;  untested since I
> don't use seamonkey.

Yeah, well, I don't agree with Reply-To munging (see
http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html for a full
argumentation), and I have other reasons to reply to All (or to List if
I could) anyway.

"The Army is a place where you get up early in the morning to be yelled
at by people with short haircuts and tiny brains."
                -- Dave Barry

Re: Your listmails

Chris Jones-44

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 09:15:10AM EST, Michael Wagner wrote:

[..]

> another possible solution is 'muttator', but I also don't know if it
> works for seamonkey. It's a thunderbird extension.
>
> http://www.vimperator.org/muttator

Requires T-Bird 3.0 (Beta).

What's wrong with mutt, anyway? :-)

> Muttator is a free add-on for the Thunderbird mail client, which makes
> it look and behave like the Vim text editor. It has similar key
> bindings and you could call it a modal mail client, as key bindings
> differ according to which mode you are in. For example, it the same keys
> can select the next message while the message list has focus or can
> scroll down an existing message when the message preview is selected.

Some of Mutt's features include:

* color support
* message threading
* MIME support (including RFC2047 support for encoded headers)
* PGP/MIME (RFC2015)
* various features to support mailing lists, including list-reply
* active development community
* POP3 support
* IMAP support
* full control of message headers when composing
* support for multiple mailbox formats (mbox, MMDF, MH, maildir)
* highly customizable, including keybindings and macros
* change configuration automatically based on recipients, current folder, etc.
* searches using regular expressions, including an internal pattern matching
  language
* Delivery Status Notification (DSN) support
* postpone message composition indefinetly for later recall
* easily include attachments when composing, even from the command line
* ability to specify alternate addresses for recognition of mail forwarded
  from other accounts, with ability to set the From: headers on replies/etc.
  accordingly
* multiple message tagging
* reply to or forward multiple messages at once
* .mailrc style configuration files
* easy to install (uses GNU autoconf)
* compiles against either curses/ncurses or S-lang
* translation into at least 20 languages
* small and efficient
* It's free! (no cost and GPL'ed)

CJ

Re: Your listmails

bill lam

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> Yeah, well, I don't agree with Reply-To munging (see
> http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html for a full
> argumentation), and I have other reasons to reply to All (or to List
> if I could) anyway.

If you use a decent mailer, Reply-To munging cannot hurt you. eg.
there are 3 mode of reply:
1. r - reply to sender or use Tab to switch to other address in cc list
2. g - group reply to all
3. L - reply to list

--
regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24

Re: Your listmails

Michael Wagner-10
* Chris Jones <[hidden email]> 11.11.2009

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 09:15:10AM EST, Michael Wagner wrote:
>
> [..]
>
> > another possible solution is 'muttator', but I also don't know if it
> > works for seamonkey. It's a thunderbird extension.
> >
> > http://www.vimperator.org/muttator
>
> Requires T-Bird 3.0 (Beta).
>
> What's wrong with mutt, anyway? :-)

Nothing is wrong with mutt. Look in my header ;-)
It was just a suggestion for Tony.

Michael

--
Life is a state of consciousness.