Quantcast

mksession saves closed buffers when it should not

mksession saves closed buffers when it should not

Felipe Vieira
Here is my sessionoptions:
    sessionoptions=blank,curdir,folds,help,options,tabpages,winsize
    (removed the 'buffer' defaults)

I open 3 tabs with 'vim -p *py'.
I close one of those tabs and save session with 'mksession!'.
When I 'vim -S session.vim' it still open 3 tabs including the closed one.

I have also tried to 'bdelete' this buffer and have read the 'mksession' and 'sessionoptions' help with no success.

Re: mksession saves closed buffers when it should not

Felipe Vieira
On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 9:39:08 AM UTC-2, Felipe Vieira wrote:
> Here is my sessionoptions:
>     sessionoptions=blank,curdir,folds,help,options,tabpages,winsize
>     (removed the 'buffer' defaults)
>
> I open 3 tabs with 'vim -p *py'.
> I close one of those tabs and save session with 'mksession!'.
> When I 'vim -S session.vim' it still open 3 tabs including the closed one.
>
> I have also tried to 'bdelete' this buffer and have read the 'mksession' and 'sessionoptions' help with no success.

Answer on:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vim_use/4Nun47Jsjvc/_eHL9sLDAAAJ

The workaround is to add argd after argadd on the 'resistant' buffer.