more new.vimoutliner.org feedback requested

more new.vimoutliner.org feedback requested

David J Patrick-2
While we're piling it on, tell me what you think of these aspects;

About
http://new.vimoutliner.org/projects/vo/wiki/About

Quickstart
http://new.vimoutliner.org/projects/vo/wiki/Quickstart

thanks,
djp

Re: more new.vimoutliner.org feedback requested

Anders Bo Rasmussen-2
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 5:35 PM, David J Patrick <[hidden email]> wrote:
> While we're piling it on, tell me what you think of these aspects;
>
> About
> http://new.vimoutliner.org/projects/vo/wiki/About

Maybe it would be good to list some more examples of what VO/outlining
can be used for. E.g.:

* Shopping lists
* Todo lists
* Vacation packing lists

/Anders

Re: more new.vimoutliner.org feedback requested

Noel Henson
wrote:

> > While we're piling it on, tell me what you think of these aspects;
> >
> > About
> > http://new.vimoutliner.org/projects/vo/wiki/About
>
> Maybe it would be good to list some more examples of what VO/outlining
> can be used for. E.g.:
>
> * Shopping lists
> * Todo lists
> * Vacation packing lists
>
> /Anders

Anders,

Once we're all set up. Registered users will have a place to submit (and
manage if they want) their own lists, tips, plugins, scripts, techniques
and submit articles pertaining to VO, outlining and problem solving.

Thanks for the feedback,

Noel

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Noel Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > While we're piling it on, tell me what you think of these aspects;
>> >
>> > About
>> > http://new.vimoutliner.org/projects/vo/wiki/About
>>
>> Maybe it would be good to list some more examples of what VO/outlining
>> can be used for. E.g.:
>>
>> * Shopping lists
>> * Todo lists
>> * Vacation packing lists
>
> Once we're all set up. Registered users will have a place to submit (and
> manage if they want) their own lists, tips, plugins, scripts, techniques
> and submit articles pertaining to VO, outlining and problem solving.

That sounds good. But I actually meant that it could be good in the
"about" section. Here people go that maybe never have tried an
outliner before and want to see if vimoutliner is something for them.
Currently it only mention document development and brainstorming.

It sounds good with user submitted content to the website. I hope
there will be a lot of that.

/Anders

Anders Bo Rasmussen wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Noel Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Once we're all set up. Registered users will have a place to submit (and
>> manage if they want) their own lists, tips, plugins, scripts, techniques
>> and submit articles pertaining to VO, outlining and problem solving.
>
> That sounds good. But I actually meant that it could be good in the
> "about" section. Here people go that maybe never have tried an
> outliner before and want to see if vimoutliner is something for them.
> Currently it only mention document development and brainstorming.

I think you're right Anders, and I thought a little screenshot of a
typical outline should go in there, but links to exmples would be smart,
too.
djp

Re: more new.vimoutliner.org feedback requested

Noel Henson

> >> Maybe it would be good to list some more examples of what
> >> VO/outlining can be used for. E.g.:
> >>
> >> * Shopping lists
> >> * Todo lists
> >> * Vacation packing lists
> >
> > Once we're all set up. Registered users will have a place to submit
> > (and manage if they want) their own lists, tips, plugins, scripts,
> > techniques and submit articles pertaining to VO, outlining and problem
> > solving.
>
> That sounds good. But I actually meant that it could be good in the
> "about" section. Here people go that maybe never have tried an
> outliner before and want to see if vimoutliner is something for them.
> Currently it only mention document development and brainstorming.
>
> It sounds good with user submitted content to the website. I hope
> there will be a lot of that.
>
> /Anders

There will also be a Tutorial section to help people along with how to use
outlines, not just about VO.

Noel Henson wrote:

> There will also be a Tutorial section to help people along with how to use
> outlines, not just about VO.

I have the tutorials tucked into Documentation/Tutorials, right now, but
I think the most important one is yet to be written; vo_tutor.otl
(analogous to vimtutor.txt) which should ship with VO and be both
interactive tutorial and full-featured live example .

On Monday 22 February 2010, David J Patrick wrote:

> Noel Henson wrote:
> > There will also be a Tutorial section to help people along with how to
> > use outlines, not just about VO.
>
> I have the tutorials tucked into Documentation/Tutorials, right now, but
> I think the most important one is yet to be written; vo_tutor.otl
> (analogous to vimtutor.txt) which should ship with VO and be both
> interactive tutorial and full-featured live example .
> djp

Good observation.

I'd to discuss and idea for an interactive tutorial that can even be run on
the website. We need to discuss this tomorrow evening if possible. I've
been up working for 29 hrs straight and I need to get some sleep.

Noel

Noel

Noel Henson wrote:

> I'd to discuss and idea for an interactive tutorial that can even be run on
> the website. We need to discuss this tomorrow evening if possible. I've
> been up working for 29 hrs straight and I need to get some sleep.

well crash then Mr H, we'll talk more tomorrow.
I worked from 9am - 4:30 am, yesterday, so I'm a bit punchy myself.
sleep good,
djp

Re: more new.vimoutliner.org feedback requested

Noel Henson
On Monday 22 February 2010, David J Patrick wrote:

> Noel Henson wrote:
> > I'd to discuss and idea for an interactive tutorial that can even be
> > run on the website. We need to discuss this tomorrow evening if
> > possible. I've been up working for 29 hrs straight and I need to get
> > some sleep.
>
> well crash then Mr H, we'll talk more tomorrow.
> I worked from 9am - 4:30 am, yesterday, so I'm a bit punchy myself.
> sleep good,
> djp

Someone on #linuxcaffe or #vimoutliner commented last week, "don't you two
ever sleep?" (referring to you and I)

LOL

Noel