??? mozcpp filetype ???

Tony Mechelynck
I notice a syntax/mozcpp.vim script in my $VIM/vimfiles tree, and the
appropriate auxiliary files to recognise that filetype (statements in
$VIM/filetype/filetype.vim for C++ sources in or below my Mozilla source
repositories) and treat it otherwise as C++ (ftplugin/mozcpp.vim does
nothing other than "runtime! ftplugin/cpp.vim").

This looks useful to colorize Mozilla extensions to C++ properly
(including e.g. many keywords with names starting with PR, NS_ or ns),
but I can't remember where I got it from, or how to update it. Any help
please? The syntax script is dated 2011-07-22.

91. It's Saturday afternoon in the middle of may and you are on computer.

Re: ??? mozcpp filetype ???

Jan Larres
Tony Mechelynck <[hidden email]>:

> I notice a syntax/mozcpp.vim script in my $VIM/vimfiles tree, and
> the appropriate auxiliary files to recognise that filetype
> (statements in $VIM/filetype/filetype.vim for C++ sources in or
> below my Mozilla source repositories) and treat it otherwise as C++
> (ftplugin/mozcpp.vim does nothing other than "runtime!
> ftplugin/cpp.vim").
>
> This looks useful to colorize Mozilla extensions to C++ properly
> (including e.g. many keywords with names starting with PR, NS_ or
> ns), but I can't remember where I got it from, or how to update it.
> Any help please? The syntax script is dated 2011-07-22.

A quick googling turn up this page, which even has a comment from you:
http://kazhack.org/?post/2011/08/11/Vim-Syntax-Highlighting-for-Mozilla-C-Files

-Jan

--
-[ OpenPGP key ID: 00A0FD5F ]-
A book must be the ax for the frozen sea within us.

Re: ??? mozcpp filetype ???

Tony Mechelynck
On 26/02/14 13:56, Jan Larres wrote:

> Tony Mechelynck <[hidden email]>:
>> I notice a syntax/mozcpp.vim script in my $VIM/vimfiles tree, and
>> the appropriate auxiliary files to recognise that filetype
>> (statements in $VIM/filetype/filetype.vim for C++ sources in or
>> below my Mozilla source repositories) and treat it otherwise as C++
>> (ftplugin/mozcpp.vim does nothing other than "runtime!
>> ftplugin/cpp.vim").
>>
>> This looks useful to colorize Mozilla extensions to C++ properly
>> (including e.g. many keywords with names starting with PR, NS_ or
>> ns), but I can't remember where I got it from, or how to update it.
>> Any help please? The syntax script is dated 2011-07-22.
>
> A quick googling turn up this page, which even has a comment from you:
> http://kazhack.org/?post/2011/08/11/Vim-Syntax-Highlighting-for-Mozilla-C-Files
>
> -Jan

Yeah, a comment more than two years old, written shortly after I
discovered the file. And you say you found it by googling? The quality
of the Vim helf system must have turned me away from people who aren't
my friends except in their own advertising. :-P

What is the difficulty with writing a PDP-8 program to emulate Jerry Ford?

Figuring out what to do with the other 3K.

Re: ??? mozcpp filetype ???

On 26/02/14 14:03, Fabien Cazenave wrote:

> On 26/02/14 13:52, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>> I notice a syntax/mozcpp.vim script in my $VIM/vimfiles tree, and the
>> appropriate auxiliary files to recognise that filetype (statements in
>> $VIM/filetype/filetype.vim for C++ sources in or below my Mozilla source
>> repositories) and treat it otherwise as C++ (ftplugin/mozcpp.vim does
>> nothing other than "runtime! ftplugin/cpp.vim").
>>
>> This looks useful to colorize Mozilla extensions to C++ properly
>> (including e.g. many keywords with names starting with PR, NS_ or ns),
>> but I can't remember where I got it from, or how to update it. Any help
>> please? The syntax script is dated 2011-07-22.
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Tony.
>
> Here is the latest version:
> https://github.com/mozfr/mozilla.vim/blob/master/after/syntax/cpp.vim
>
> I’m not working on the Gecko codebase any more so I haven’t used this
> file for a while, but I got an update from another Mozillian. The
> comments I left in the code (the `grep' lines) should help updating this
> syntax file.
>
> I’d be happy to review fresh pull requests on this file. I’m awfully
> busy at the moment, but if nobody submits any pull request I’ll try to
> update it manually before the end of March.
>
> Cheers,
> Fabien Cazenave (:kazé)

Yeah, this looks like a later much reworked version of the same. I don't
do much Gecko programming myself: the few patches I've got checked-in
are mostly one-liner ports from Fx/TB to SeaMonkey, and usually not in C
at that, but that file seemed useful (for Mozilla C/C++ code) and I
thought that after 2½ years it was bound to have evolved.

,
Thanks a lot,
Tony (Antoine Mechelynck, :tonymec)
--
"The church founded by Jesus has not made its way; has not
  permeated the world--but did become extinct in the country