mvim -d crashes

Nico Weber-3

Hi,

I have a script called `mvim` (more or less the mvim script from the
MacVim google code page) that I use to launch MacVim from the command
line. Running

     mvim -d file1 file2

to start MacVim in diff mode results in a MacVim instance that shows
only a white window and more or less takes down the system. This can
only be fixed by force-quitting MacVim (which takes a while because
the system is very unresponsive), which means that all changes made
in all MacVim windows that were open are lost (well, guess what
happened to me ;-) ).

However, running `mvim file` and then doing `:diffsplit file` works
fine.

Nico

Re: mvim -d crashes

Björn Winckler

I have a script called `mvim` (more or less the mvim script from the
MacVim google code page) that I use to launch MacVim from the command
line. Running

     mvim -d file1 file2

to start MacVim in diff mode results in a MacVim instance that shows
only a white window and more or less takes down the system. This can
only be fixed by force-quitting MacVim (which takes a while because
the system is very unresponsive), which means that all changes made
in all MacVim windows that were open are lost (well, guess what
happened to me ;-) ).

However, running `mvim file` and then doing `:diffsplit file` works
fine.

For the record: I haven't been able to reproduce this either.  Do you still have this problem after deleting all but one instance of MacVim from your hard drive?

/Björn

Re: mvim -d crashes

Nico Weber-3

> For the record: I haven't been able to reproduce this either.  Do
> you still have this problem after deleting all but one instance of
> MacVim from your hard drive?

Hm, for some reason it does work now. I didn't really change much
(deleted the old instance, but I don't think that changed much,
changed my font from Monaco:h10 to Monaco:h12 and installed a
colorscheme, but...). Strange.

Re: mvim -d crashes

Björn Winckler

> For the record: I haven't been able to reproduce this either.  Do
> you still have this problem after deleting all but one instance of
> MacVim from your hard drive?

Hm, for some reason it does work now. I didn't really change much
(deleted the old instance, but I don't think that changed much,
changed my font from Monaco:h10 to Monaco:h12 and installed a
colorscheme, but...). Strange.

Yeah, I don't feel comfortable saying for certain that the old instance was causing this, but I don't have a better guess at this point in time.

/Björn