netrw and os x clipboard

Rick Dooling-2
I posted on vim use too but no response, so I'll try here in case any OS X wizards have an idea.

I am a long-time user of Jumpcut on OS X and MacVim.

http://jumpcut.sourceforge.net/

I've recently started heavily using netrw, and I have noticed that netrw heavily uses the same system clipboard to do its business.

This means that netrw entries often crowd out any other passages I have cut and saved to the Jumpcut Clipboard.

Is there a way to tell netrw to use some other clipboard or register, so that its entries don't fill up in my Jumpcut history?

Thank you

Rick Dooling

Re: netrw and os x clipboard

Charles Campbell

On Mar 12, 2015, at 5:08 PM, RPDooling <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I posted on vim use too but no response, so I'll try here in case any OS X wizards have an idea.
>
> I am a long-time user of Jumpcut on OS X and MacVim.
>
> http://jumpcut.sourceforge.net/
>
> I've recently started heavily using netrw, and I have noticed that netrw heavily uses the same system clipboard to do its business.
>
> This means that netrw entries often crowd out any other passages I have cut and saved to the Jumpcut Clipboard.
>
> Is there a way to tell netrw to use some other clipboard or register, so that its entries don't fill up in my Jumpcut history?

I’ve conducted some tests with netrw on a mac; both @+ and @* are preserved after doing a directory listing.  Obviously there are many things that one might do with netrw.  Can you give me an example set of instructions where netrw operations bleed into the system clipboard (and please specify @* or @+).

Regards,
C Campbell

Re: netrw and os x clipboard

Rick Dooling-2
On Monday, March 16, 2015 at 10:43:32 AM UTC-5, Campbell, Charles E. (GSFC-5910) wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2015, at 5:08 PM, RPDooling wrote:
>
> > I posted on vim use too but no response, so I'll try here in case any OS X wizards have an idea.
> >
> > I am a long-time user of Jumpcut on OS X and MacVim.
> >
> > http://jumpcut.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > I've recently started heavily using netrw, and I have noticed that netrw heavily uses the same system clipboard to do its business.
> >
> > This means that netrw entries often crowd out any other passages I have cut and saved to the Jumpcut Clipboard.
> >
> > Is there a way to tell netrw to use some other clipboard or register, so that its entries don't fill up in my Jumpcut history?
> >

> I’ve conducted some tests with netrw on a mac; both @+ and @* are preserved after doing a directory listing.  Obviously there are many things that one might do with netrw.  Can you give me an example set of instructions where netrw operations bleed into the system clipboard (and please specify @* or @+).
>
> Regards,
> C Campbell
Charles,

I'm not smart enough to know the difference between @* or @+. All I know is that when I use netrw it fills my clipboard program (Jumpcut) with netrw directory listings.

In my .vimrc it says:

set clipboard=unnamed

I believe this is the only clipboard-related entry in my vimrc.

I can attach a screenshot of the Jumpcut gui after using netrw. It shows the first line of each entry on the clipboard.

The ======== lines are netrw entries.

It's really no big deal. I should become more adept at using registers anyway.

THANKS

Rick

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 6.21.05 PM.png (107K) Download Attachment