Quantcast

netrw directory browsing

Douglas Bayes
I was trying to use the netrw to browse a directory.
I can get a file with the syntax

r ftp://pluto//u1/DBOYD/DBOYD.BP/test

but I cannot browse a directory with

r ftp://pluto//u1/DBOYD/DBOYD.BP/

I have looked at the other issues people have had, but
none seem to solve it.  Using e instead or r did not
work.  The message that I get, is that this is a
directory.  Is there any way to get a list of the
files in directory?

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Re: netrw directory browsing

Charles E Campbell Jr
Quoting Douglas Bayes <[hidden email]>:

> I was trying to use the netrw to browse a directory.
> I can get a file with the syntax
>
> r ftp://pluto//u1/DBOYD/DBOYD.BP/test
>
> but I cannot browse a directory with
>
> r ftp://pluto//u1/DBOYD/DBOYD.BP/
>
> I have looked at the other issues people have had, but
> none seem to solve it.  Using e instead or r did not
> work.  The message that I get, is that this is a
> directory.  Is there any way to get a list of the
> files in directory?

Here's an example (that we can both access!):

  vim 'ftp://ftp.home.vim.org//pub/vim/'

or

  vim
  :e ftp://ftp.home.vim.org//pub/vim/

Both of these give a directory listing, at least when I do it.
Which netrw are you using (ie. its version number)?  Version 55 is available at

  http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#vimlinks_scripts
  as "Network Oriented Reading, Writing, and Browsing".

If v55 of netrw doesn't help, and you continue to have a problem with that
browsing, please use the internal debugger.  Directions for doing so appear
under   :help netrw-debug  .

Regards,
Chip Campbell

Re: netrw directory browsing

gregory.sacre
Douglas Bayes ([hidden email]) wrote:

> I was trying to use the netrw to browse a directory.
> I can get a file with the syntax
>
> r ftp://pluto//u1/DBOYD/DBOYD.BP/test
>
> but I cannot browse a directory with
>
> r ftp://pluto//u1/DBOYD/DBOYD.BP/
>
> I have looked at the other issues people have had, but
> none seem to solve it.  Using e instead or r did not
> work.  The message that I get, is that this is a
> directory.  Is there any way to get a list of the
> files in directory?

> Yahoo! Sports

Try :e ftp://pluto//u1/DBOYD/DBOYD.BP/

HTH,

Gregory

Re: netrw directory browsing

Douglas Bayes
Getting the right version ov netrw allowed me to
browse it.  Now I get the following error when I
select a file:

This system doesn't support remote directory listing
via ssh.

What does this mean?  It has already allowed me to
look through directories.

Also, is there any way to make the directory browsing
happen in the explorer plugin on the left side of the
screen instead of in the full screen?

Thank you for the help