netrw hide files beginning with "." while using the long liststyle

netrw hide files beginning with "." while using the long liststyle

Rick Dooling-2

I saw another thread herein where the conversation touched on this but without a conclusive answer.

I like the long list style in netrw, and I also like sorting by time reversed (showing newest files at the top). However, when I switch to this view all of the dot-files and dot-directories become visible and the 'gh' command does not work to hide them.

I am on MacVim, latest snapshop 74, but I think the same behavior happens in Vim.

Thanks for any help.

Rick

Re: netrw hide files beginning with "." while using the long liststyle

Charles E Campbell Jr
Rick Dooling wrote:
> I saw another thread herein where the conversation touched on this but without a conclusive answer.
>
> I like the long list style in netrw, and I also like sorting by time reversed (showing newest files at the top). However, when I switch to this view all of the dot-files and dot-directories become visible and the 'gh' command does not work to hide them.
>
> I am on MacVim, latest snapshop 74, but I think the same behavior happens in Vim.

Hello!

I see the problem; unfortunately, I won't be able to look at it for a
couple of weeks.  Its on my to-do list, though.

Chip Campbell

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 7:53:06 PM UTC-5, DrChip wrote:

> Rick Dooling wrote:
> > I saw another thread herein where the conversation touched on this but without a conclusive answer.
> >
> > I like the long list style in netrw, and I also like sorting by time reversed (showing newest files at the top). However, when I switch to this view all of the dot-files and dot-directories become visible and the 'gh' command does not work to hide them.
> >
> > I am on MacVim, latest snapshop 74, but I think the same behavior happens in Vim.
> >
> Hello!
>
> I see the problem; unfortunately, I won't be able to look at it for a
> couple of weeks.  Its on my to-do list, though.
>
> Chip Campbell
No rush at all. It's a very minor issue.

I'm used to just opening files from iTerm2 on Mac, but over the last few weeks I've seen the netrw light. Excellent plugin.

Thank you.

Rick

Re: netrw hide files beginning with "." while using the long liststyle

Charles Campbell
Rick Dooling wrote:

> On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 7:53:06 PM UTC-5, DrChip wrote:
>> Rick Dooling wrote:
>>> I saw another thread herein where the conversation touched on this but without a conclusive answer.
>>>
>>> I like the long list style in netrw, and I also like sorting by time reversed (showing newest files at the top). However, when I switch to this view all of the dot-files and dot-directories become visible and the 'gh' command does not work to hide them.
>>>
>>> I am on MacVim, latest snapshop 74, but I think the same behavior happens in Vim.
>>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I see the problem; unfortunately, I won't be able to look at it for a
>> couple of weeks.  Its on my to-do list, though.
>>
>> Chip Campbell
> No rush at all. It's a very minor issue.
>
> I'm used to just opening files from iTerm2 on Mac, but over the last few weeks I've seen the netrw light. Excellent plugin.

Hello!

I'm not sure if I responded to this earlier -- so please try netrw v154d
(http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW).   It appears to
address this issue.

Regards,
Chip Campbell

On Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 3:27:20 PM UTC-5, Charles Campbell wrote:

> Rick Dooling wrote:

> >> Hello!
> >>
> >> I see the problem; unfortunately, I won't be able to look at it for a
> >> couple of weeks.  Its on my to-do list, though.
> >>
> >> Chip Campbell
> > No rush at all. It's a very minor issue.
> >
> > I'm used to just opening files from iTerm2 on Mac, but over the last few weeks I've seen the netrw light. Excellent plugin.
> >
> Hello!
>
> I'm not sure if I responded to this earlier -- so please try netrw v154d
> (http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW).   It appears to
> address this issue.
>
> Regards,
> Chip Campbell
Thank you, Chip. I think I have the latest snapshot of MacVim 76? And it uses version 153 of netrw, so as soon as they update I will report.

Thanks again.

Rick

Re: netrw hide files beginning with "." while using the long liststyle

Chris Lott
On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 5:29 AM, Rick Dooling <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you, Chip. I think I have the latest snapshot of MacVim 76? And it uses version 153 of netrw, so as soon as they update I will report.

You can also install netrw as a plugin that tracks the updates more
close. I use:

https://github.com/eiginn/netrw

Chris Lott <[hidden email]>