Quantcast

netrw not working on MacVim 8.0

Vinay Doma
Updated to MacVim 8.0 patch 3. If I try to run :Explore, I get an error "E117: Unknown function: netrw#Explore". Also the very first time, I see the message: "***sorry*** this version of netrw requires vim v7.4 with patch 213".

Please advise.

Re: netrw not working on MacVim 8.0

Vinay Doma
On Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 7:27:03 PM UTC-4, vdoma wrote:
> Updated to MacVim 8.0 patch 3. If I try to run :Explore, I get an error "E117: Unknown function: netrw#Explore". Also the very first time, I see the message: "***sorry*** this version of netrw requires vim v7.4 with patch 213".
>
> Please advise.

Finally figured out that I had an older version of netrw plugin in my .vim folder that was causing this issue. Moved the plugin out of .vim and everything works.