new rubycomplete for testing

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

new rubycomplete for testing

Mark Guzman
I've checked in the version of rubycomplete that I've been working on.
It passes my current tests. If anyone has some time, please grab it from
cvs and test it out please.
   --mark

--
sic transit gloria et adulescentia
blog | http://hasno.info
wiki | http://wiki.hasno.info

_______________________________________________
vim-ruby-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/vim-ruby-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new rubycomplete for testing

Alexandru E. Ungur
>>> sender: "Mark Guzman" date: "Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 11:52:03AM -0500" <<<EOQ
> I've checked in the version of rubycomplete that I've been working on.
> It passes my current tests. If anyone has some time, please grab it from
> cvs and test it out please.
>    --mark
Hi,
I just downloaded the version from CVS yesterday and am experiencing
some crashes.

if I do this:
[].each do |a| a.<C-X><C-O>

At omnicomplete point it just crashes, sometimes from the first try,
other times by simply deleting the . then trying again .<C-X><C-O>

You can use anything in place of 'each', it will behave the same.
Also you can write that as multiline, properly close the do with
an 'end', and then try to complete 'a.' it will still crash just
the same.

I am using this version of vim:
:version
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0 (2006 May 7, compiled Sep  7 2006 18:25:18)
Included patches: 1-91
Compiled by Alexandru Ungur <[hidden email]>
Normal version with X11-Motif GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
-arabic +autocmd +balloon_eval +browse +builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent
+clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info +comments
+cryptv -cscope +cursorshape +dialog_con_gui +diff +digraphs -dnd -ebcdic
-emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search -farsi +file_in_path +find_in_path
+folding -footer +fork() +gettext -hangul_input -iconv +insert_expand +jumplist
-keymap -langmap +libcall +linebreak +lispindent +listcmds +localmap +menu
+mksession +modify_fname +mouse +mouseshape -mouse_dec +mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm
-mouse_netterm +mouse_xterm -multi_byte +multi_lang -mzscheme +netbeans_intg
-osfiletype +path_extra +perl +postscript +printer -profile +python +quickfix
+reltime -rightleft +ruby +scrollbind +signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline
-sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white +tcl +terminfo
+termresponse +textobjects +title +toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit
+visual +visualextra +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows +writebackup
+X11 +xfontset +xim +xsmp_interact +xterm_clipboard -xterm_save

Let me know if you need any other info, a strace log, etc.

Ok, besides the bug reports,
I just want to say thanks for the great work, it's a really nice plugin.

Cheers,
Alex
_______________________________________________
vim-ruby-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/vim-ruby-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new rubycomplete for testing

Mark Guzman
Alexandru E. Ungur wrote:

>>>> sender: "Mark Guzman" date: "Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 11:52:03AM -0500" <<<EOQ
>>>>        
>> I've checked in the version of rubycomplete that I've been working on.
>> It passes my current tests. If anyone has some time, please grab it from
>> cvs and test it out please.
>>    --mark
>>    
> Hi,
> I just downloaded the version from CVS yesterday and am experiencing
> some crashes.
>
> if I do this:
> [].each do |a| a.<C-X><C-O>
>  

> Let me know if you need any other info, a strace log, etc.
>  
Can you get me the ruby version that vim is linked to? The strace would
be useful also.

> Ok, besides the bug reports,
> I just want to say thanks for the great work, it's a really nice plugin.
>  
Thanks, glad to hear it.

  --mark
_______________________________________________
vim-ruby-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/vim-ruby-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: new rubycomplete for testing

Alexandru E. Ungur
>>> sender: "Mark Guzman" date: "Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 02:45:47AM -0500" <<<EOQ
> Can you get me the ruby version that vim is linked to? The strace would
> be useful also.
Well, I supposed it linked against the installed Ruby, and that means:
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i686-linux]

Not sure if gem and rails versions matter, but here they are anyway:
~>> gem -v
0.9.1
~>> rails -v
Rails 1.1.6

You can download the strace log from here:
http://pub.slax.no-ip.biz/strace.log.gz


If there's anything else I can do, just let me know.

Have a nice day everyone,
Alex
_______________________________________________
vim-ruby-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/vim-ruby-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new rubycomplete for testing

Mark Guzman
Thanks for the strace Alex. It looks like theres some sort of problem w/
rubycomplete when rails.vim is loaded. From the strace it seems that
rails.vim is being loaded, both Tim and I are searching for the cause.
  --mark
_______________________________________________
vim-ruby-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/vim-ruby-devel