new trends in vim development

monica-29
http://123maza.com/75/creativity
click here to view the mail

Re: new trends in vim development (SPAM?)

Tony Mechelynck
On 26/06/10 09:53, monica wrote:
> http://123maza.com/75/creativity
> click here to view the mail

This looks like spam to me; I don't click links when I have no idea what
the link will do.

Monica, if you want to discuss new trends in Vim development, please
send your mail directly to the list, and preferably in plaintext rather
than HTML.

"Die?  I should say not, dear fellow.  No Barrymore would allow such a
conventional thing to happen to him."
                -- John Barrymore's dying words

Re: new trends in vim development (SPAM?)

MarcWeber
Excerpts from Tony Mechelynck's message of Sun Jun 27 03:10:40 +0200 2010:
> This looks like spam to me; I don't click links when I have no idea what
> the link will do.
It is spam.

Marc Weber

RE: new trends in vim development (SPAM?)

JohnBeckett
Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> This looks like spam to me; I don't click links when I have
> no idea what the link will do.

As Marc said, it is spam and probably MALWARE.
Please do not click links like this!

I noticed a similar attempt at vim_use a day or two ago and
flagged it as spam (thus banning the sender) without a second
thought (thus, the message never appeared at vim_use).

Someone must have approved this message to vim_dev, but when I
went to the vim_dev member list to ban the user (after noticing
the spam here), I could not find the user. Possibly they
unsubscribed.

Strangely, when I went to delete the message from the Google
Groups archive, I could not find it there. Possibly another
manager already deleted it, or possibly Google decided it was
spam and did not archive it? I have just deleted Tony's message
from the archive because there is no reason to leave a malware
link active in the archive.

John

Re: new trends in vim development (SPAM?)

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado-2
Saluton John :)

John Beckett <[hidden email]> skribis:
> Someone must have approved this message to vim_dev, but when I went to
> the vim_dev member list to ban the user (after noticing the spam
> here), I could not find the user. Possibly they unsubscribed.

That's what I think when I tried to do the same. I didn't check the
time, but the message entered the list late at night (in my time zone)
and the user disappeared at the same very moment (a GMail account, by
the way).

> Strangely, when I went to delete the message from the Google Groups
> archive, I could not find it there. Possibly another manager already
> deleted it, or possibly Google decided it was spam and did not archive
> it? I have just deleted Tony's message from the archive because there
> is no reason to leave a malware link active in the archive.

I reported the message to Google, marked it as spam and deleted the
message from the archive. Since the user unsubscribed just after sending
the message I was pretty sure it was spam, even though the subject was
not "spammy".

The revolution will not be televised