newbie grep question.

Eric Leenman
Hi,

How do you scroll trough the results of grep in gVIM(on WXP)?
When I give the command
:grep for *.c
I get:

(1 of 125): for (....
Hit ENTER or type command to continue.

How can I scroll through that list that contains 125 results?

Rgds,
Eric

Disclaimer; The information contained in this communication is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to recieve it.
Use of this information, in whatever way, by others is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. GREEFA does not accept legal responsibility
for this e-mail message due to the insecure nature of internet
communications.

Re: newbie grep question.

Mathias Michaelis
Hi Eric

> How do you scroll trough the results of grep in gVIM(on WXP)?

:cn

goes to the next match. See

:help quickfix

for other commands.

Best regards
Mathias

Re: newbie grep question.

> How do you scroll trough the results of grep in gVIM(on WXP)?
> When I give the command
> :grep for *.c
> I get:
>
> (1 of 125): for (....
> Hit ENTER or type command to continue.
>
> How can I scroll through that list that contains 125 results?
>
> Rgds,
> Eric
[corporate disclaimer snipped]

To go to next item
    :cn[ext]

To go to previous item
    :cp[revious]
or
    :cN[ext]

To see one line per item in a separate window, where you can hit Enter on
any of them to see the corresponding file
    :cope[n]

The grep (also helpgrep or, in Vim 7, vimgrep) results are displayed as an
"error list" which is accessible by "quickfix" commands, see ":help
quickfix.txt" for details.

HTH,
Tony.