(no subject)

Robert F.
I'm running Vim 8.0.124 and I've installed the [vim-snipmate](https://github.com/garbas/vim-snipmate) plugin to use in my Python and Django development.  I followed the instructions by creating a .vimrc file that contains the following:

    # ~/.vimrc
    set nocompatible " Required by Vundle
    filetype off   " Required by Vundle

    " Begin Vundle settings ==========================================================
    "
    set rtp+=~/.vim/bundle/Vundle.vim
    call vundle#begin()

    Plugin 'VundleVim/Vundle.vim'
    Plugin 'MarcWeber/vim-addon-mw-utils'
    Plugin 'tomtom/tlib_vim'
    Plugin 'garbas/vim-snipmate'
    # Optional
    Plugin 'SirVer/ultisnips'
    Plugin 'honza/vim-snippets'

    call vundle#end()
    filetype plugin indent on
    "
    " End Vundle settings ==========================================================

    " SnipMate
    autocmd FileType python set ft=python.django
    autocmd FileType html set ft=htmldjango.html

    " UltiSnips
    let g:UltiSnipsExpandTrigger="<tab>"
    let g:UltiSnipsJumpForwardTrigger="<c-b>"
    let g:UltiSnipsJumpBackwardTrigger="<c-z>"
    let g:UltiSnipsEditSplit="vertical"

Installing vim-snipmate includes the creation of these four files:

    ~/.vim/bundle/vim-snippets/snippets/django.snippets
    ~/.vim/bundle/vim-snippets/snippets/htmldjango.snippets
    ~/.vim/bundle/vim-snippets/UltiSnips/django.snippets
    ~/.vim/bundle/vim-snippets/UltiSnips/htmldjango.snippets

I have two questions.  First, why are the UltiSnip Django snippets not working?  The snippets in snippets/django.snippets work but those in the UltiSnips django.snippets file don't.  If I open a file test.py and type "fdate<tab>" where fdate should expand into a Django DateField, nothing happens (other than a tab is entered).  Initially, when the UltiSnips weren't working, I went to its Github page and read the instructions which seemed to indicate I should add the SirVer plugin so I did.  Even then, then don't seem to work.  I should  add that what you see above is my entire .vimrc file. Also, I created a completely new ~/.vim directory which only contains the Vundle and vim-snipmate bundles so there shouldn't be any other conflicts.

My second less important question is, when I view any of these snippet files, most of the lines are folded.  Is there any way I can configure Vim so that when I open any of these .snippet files, all the folds will be open?  They would be easier to search that way.

Re:

Ben Fritz
On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 6:05:24 PM UTC-5, Robert wrote:

> My second less important question is, when I view any of these snippet files, most of the lines are folded.  Is there any way I can configure Vim so that when I open any of these .snippet files, all the folds will be open?  They would be easier to search that way.

For this second less important question, there are a few suggestions here, such as an autocmd to run the 'zR' command or setting the 'foldlevelstart' option: http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/All_folds_open_when_opening_a_file

I don't know about your first problem, I'd consult the documentation for your plugin. I'd guess the directory is wrong or needs to be configured.