no vo_maketags.pl in distro

Steve Litt
Hi all,

I just downloaded and installed VimOutliner 0.3.4, and it worked perfectly
with one exception -- there was no vo_maketags.pl. Likewise, I couldn't find
vo_maketags.pl anywhere on the vimoutliner.org site.

It's not a problem for me because I'm personal friends with vo_maketags.pl's
author, but for those without my "pull"* it would make interoutline linking
difficult.

I think vo_maketags.pl should be included either in the distro or in the
scripts download directory.

* For our European readers, "pull" means knowing the right people and having
influence with them. Another word for it is "clout". I believe these are both
American idioms.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org

Re: no vo_maketags.pl in distro

Noel Henson
On Wednesday 26 October 2005 10:47 am, Steve Litt wrote:
> I think vo_maketags.pl should be included either in the distro or in the
> scripts download directory.

Steve,

vo_maketags.pl is included in the scripts directory as it has been for
a long time. Check ~/.vimoutliner/scripts

Noel

Re: no vo_maketags.pl in distro

Steve Litt
Defective user...

Hi all,

Well, I found it as part of the distro in
~/.vimoutliner/scripts/vo_maketags.pl, and it worked perfectly. The problem
was that I was running it from the UMENU menuing program, and my UMENU
configuration still ran it from an experimental directory which of course
didn't exist on the new computer.

So please disregard my request to put vo_maketags.pl in the distro -- it's
already there.

STeveT

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 01:47 pm, Steve Litt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just downloaded and installed VimOutliner 0.3.4, and it worked perfectly
> with one exception -- there was no vo_maketags.pl. Likewise, I couldn't
> find vo_maketags.pl anywhere on the vimoutliner.org site.
>
> It's not a problem for me because I'm personal friends with
> vo_maketags.pl's author, but for those without my "pull"* it would make
> interoutline linking difficult.
>
> I think vo_maketags.pl should be included either in the distro or in the
> scripts download directory.
>

> * For our European readers, "pull" means knowing the right people and
> having influence with them. Another word for it is "clout". I believe these
> are both American idioms.
>
> Thanks
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Founder and acting president: GoLUG
> http://www.golug.org

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org

Re: no vo_maketags.pl in distro

Matej Cepl-2
Steve Litt wrote:
> I just downloaded and installed VimOutliner 0.3.4, and it worked perfectly
> with one exception -- there was no vo_maketags.pl. Likewise, I couldn't
> find vo_maketags.pl anywhere on the vimoutliner.org site.

Weird -- I have it even in the Debian package ...

Matej

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

If Patrick Henry thought that taxation without representation was
bad, he should see how bad it is with representation.

Re: Re: no vo_maketags.pl in distro

Steve Litt
On Wednesday 26 October 2005 04:47 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Steve Litt wrote:
> > I just downloaded and installed VimOutliner 0.3.4, and it worked
> > perfectly with one exception -- there was no vo_maketags.pl. Likewise, I
> > couldn't find vo_maketags.pl anywhere on the vimoutliner.org site.
>
> Weird -- I have it even in the Debian package ...
>
> Matej

Hi Matej,

I was mistaken. It was in there all the time.