'noau' for normal mode?

Woody Wu
Hi,

Doing <leader>vv or <leader>vr in EasyGrep takes a long time because I
have the whole project tree under the current directory.  It took time
because it execute autocommands for each file it worked on (I guess
so).   I know, by prefixing a 'noau' to a command in command mode, the
execution of autocommands can be suppressed.  Is that a similar means
in normal mode?

Thanks in advance.

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 ([hidden email])

Re: 'noau' for normal mode?

Christian Brabandt
On Mon, January 9, 2012 12:59 pm, narke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Doing <leader>vv or <leader>vr in EasyGrep takes a long time because I
> have the whole project tree under the current directory.  It took time
> because it execute autocommands for each file it worked on (I guess
> so).   I know, by prefixing a 'noau' to a command in command mode, the
> execution of autocommands can be suppressed.  Is that a similar means
> in normal mode?

Not that I know of. But it should be possible to simply set the
option eventignore to all and no autocommands should be executed.

:h 'ei'

regards,
Christian

Re: 'noau' for normal mode?

Woody Wu
On 9 January 2012 21:15, Christian Brabandt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, January 9, 2012 12:59 pm, narke wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Doing <leader>vv or <leader>vr in EasyGrep takes a long time because I
>> have the whole project tree under the current directory.  It took time
>> because it execute autocommands for each file it worked on (I guess
>> so).   I know, by prefixing a 'noau' to a command in command mode, the
>> execution of autocommands can be suppressed.  Is that a similar means
>> in normal mode?
>
> Not that I know of. But it should be possible to simply set the
> option eventignore to all and no autocommands should be executed.
>
> :h 'ei'
>
> regards,
> Christian

Thanks for the tip.  It could be solution.   And, .... how do I set
the event back, I mean disable the effects of 'set ei'?  Thanks.

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 ([hidden email])

Re: 'noau' for normal mode?

Tim Chase
On 01/09/12 08:49, narke wrote:
> Thanks for the tip.  It could be solution.   And, .... how do I set
> the event back, I mean disable the effects of 'set ei'?  Thanks.

Usually you'd save it in a germane variable (whether global,
buffer-local, script-local, etc), do your thing, then restore it:

   :let b:saved_ei=&ei
   :set ei=whatever-you-want
   <do things>
   :let &ei=b:saved_ei

Re: 'noau' for normal mode?

Tim Chase
On 01/09/12 09:42, narke wrote:
> I found ':let&ei=....' or ':let ei=...' both work.  Is there
> any different between them?  Just be curious.

The "&ei" accesses the setting.  Without the "&", it's just an
arbitrarily (and possibly misleadingly) named variable.

> BTW:  in order to run a<leader>vv provided by EasyGrep,
> having to typing in such many commands is really a pain :),
> But thanks anyway.

You can make alternate mappings that wrap the various EasyGrep
mappings so they save/restore the setting(s).