[off topic] Does everyone who posts here get mails from eBay cust omer care?

[off topic] Does everyone who posts here get mails from eBay cust omer care?

Goli, Rajesh (Rajesh)
I got a series of mails from eBay customer support, not just the ones that
we discussed in earlier ones. One mail even asked me to confirm my
membership. The other told me that my concerns are being addressed, when in
reality I had never replied nor sent any mail to eBay customer care. This is
of course other than the mail that goes to customer support by default when
someone posts to the list.

-Rajesh

Re: [off topic] Does everyone who posts here get mails from eBay cust omer care?

Marian Csontos
Hi Rajesh,

This is SPAM, or more precious phising mail. All links in those mails go
to fake web pages, which are made to catch personal informations and
passwords to eBay accounts. It's better to avoid such pages!

-- Marian

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:02:57 +0200, Goli, Rajesh (Rajesh)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got a series of mails from eBay customer support, not just the ones
> that
> we discussed in earlier ones. One mail even asked me to confirm my
> membership. The other told me that my concerns are being addressed, when
> in
> reality I had never replied nor sent any mail to eBay customer care.
> This is
> of course other than the mail that goes to customer support by default
> when
> someone posts to the list.
> -Rajesh

________ Information from NOD32 ________
http://www.nod32.com

Re: [off topic] Does everyone who posts here get mails from eBay cust omer care?

Hari Krishna Dara

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 at 1:19pm, Marian Csontos wrote:

> Hi Rajesh,
>
> This is SPAM, or more precious phising mail. All links in those mails go
> to fake web pages, which are made to catch personal informations and
> passwords to eBay accounts. It's better to avoid such pages!
>
> -- Marian

Wow, didn't realize they are phishing emails, I genuinely believed that
somehow the ebay's support email id got added to our list. I don't have
one of their emails to verify your claim though.

Hari

http://mail.yahoo.com