omnicomplete stacktrace

Josh Cronemeyer

Hi I'm trying to use the rubycomplete function.  I'm setup like this: http://t0fuu.wordpress.com/2006/09/11/using-vim-for-editing-ruby/
When I do Ctrl-x Ctrl-o I get the following:  "Error detected while processing function rubycomplete#Complete line 22: SystemStackError: (eval):203:in `clean sel`: stack level too deep"
Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Josh Cronemeyer

Re: omnicomplete stacktrace

Tim Pope-2
On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 08:04:33AM -0600, Josh Cronemeyer wrote:
> Hi I'm trying to use the rubycomplete function.  I'm setup like this:
> http://t0fuu.wordpress.com/2006/09/11/using-vim-for-editing-ruby/
> When I do Ctrl-x Ctrl-o I get the following:  "Error detected while
> processing function rubycomplete#Complete line 22: SystemStackError:
> (eval):203:in `clean sel`: stack level too deep"
> Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

The cause of this just recently discovered and fixed.  Try the latest
rails.vim from subversion:

http://svn.tpope.net/rails/vim/railsvim

I suppose a new rails.vim release is in line, given that quite a few
people are affected.  Please confirm it works for you.

Cheers,

Tim Pope