origin of a mapping

David Rennalls
Hi,
    I apologize if this has been asked before, I couldn't find
anything in the archives. Is there a way from within vim to figure out
where (which script, file that was sourced etc..) a particular mapping
came from ? I know I can grep $VIM and vimfiles but I was looking for
an easier way.

- David

Re: origin of a mapping

Charles E Campbell Jr
Quoting David Rennalls <[hidden email]>:

>     I apologize if this has been asked before, I couldn't find
> anything in the archives. Is there a way from within vim to figure out
> where (which script, file that was sourced etc..) a particular mapping
> came from ? I know I can grep $VIM and vimfiles but I was looking for
> an easier way.

Check out a plugin, called "WhereFrom":

http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1203

Regards,