otl2html.py with no indentation

Kevin P. Taylor
Hi,

I am new to this list, but I have been using VO and/or TVO for several
years. I write a lot of technical articles and when I use otl2html.py
it indents each level. Currently, I generate my HTML using a custom
style sheet and I then go through the output and run a few substitute
commands to get rid if the <li> and <ol> tags that cause the recursive
indentation.

Is otl2html.py capable of converting an outline into a non-indented
document? For writers, this is the most common end-product of an
outline. Successively nested levels should just be represented by less
emphasis in the heading font sizes for "prose" output.

--Kevin

Re: otl2html.py with no indentation

Noel Henson
On Friday 25 November 2005 05:59 am, Kevin P. Taylor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to this list, but I have been using VO and/or TVO for several
> years. I write a lot of technical articles and when I use otl2html.py
> it indents each level. Currently, I generate my HTML using a custom
> style sheet and I then go through the output and run a few substitute
> commands to get rid if the <li> and <ol> tags that cause the recursive
> indentation.
>
> Is otl2html.py capable of converting an outline into a non-indented
> document? For writers, this is the most common end-product of an
> outline. Successively nested levels should just be represented by less
> emphasis in the heading font sizes for "prose" output.
>
> --Kevin

Kevin,

otl2html.py uses CSS. You can change the indent and virutally all other
formatiing by editing the provided CSS file or creating your own.

Or, you can use otl2tags.pl and create a configuration file. That might be
simpler if you don't want to delve into CSS.

Noel