overriding statusline when using airline

overriding statusline when using airline

Mark Volkmann-2
I use the airline plugin to set my statusline.
I'm writing a custom plugin that changes the statusline for a specific filetype "foo".
I do that in ftplugin/foo.vim with the following line:

setlocal statusline=test

I also have the appropriate ftdetect/foo.vim setup to recognize the filetype.

When I open a .foo file, the statusline doesn't display "test".
However, if I remove the airline plugin then it works.

Is there something I can do to make my custom plugin coexist with the airline plugin?

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.

Re: overriding statusline when using airline

Christian Brabandt
Am 2015-04-13 02:06, schrieb Mark Volkmann:

> I use the airline plugin to set my statusline.
> I'm writing a custom plugin that changes the statusline for a specific
> filetype "foo".
> I do that in ftplugin/foo.vim with the following line:
>
> setlocal statusline=test
>
> I also have the appropriate ftdetect/foo.vim setup to recognize the
> filetype.
>
> When I open a .foo file, the statusline doesn't display "test".
> However, if I remove the airline plugin then it works.
>
> Is there something I can do to make my custom plugin coexist with the
> airline plugin?

Recent airline plugins support to disable the statusline for selected
windows. You need to set the w:airline_disabled variable for the windows
you want to manage manually.

Best,
Christian

Re: overriding statusline when using airline

Ben Klein
On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 7:52 AM, Christian Brabandt <[hidden email]> wrote:

Recent airline plugins support to disable the statusline for selected
windows. You need to set the w:airline_disabled variable for the windows
you want to manage manually.

You can also (it turns out) use the g:airline_exclude_filetypes  variable to automatically disable Airline for windows open to 'foo' files -- this would take it off of your plugin's hands and just configure your own Airline installation.

In your Vim home directory under /plugin/, add a file airline.vim and give it this line:

let g:airline_exclude_filetypes = ['foo']

Ben