paste in insert mode fails snapshot 70

AnilG-2
I hope I'm not doing something wrong here, or if this error is related to the other one I reported today for snapshot 70.

When I open a line (so I'm in insert mode) and command-V to paste some text I get <D-v> instead of the actual text in the clipboard.

So I use set clipboard=unnamedplus and now using 'put' command will paste the clipboard.

However, if, now that clipboard is set, I use 'yank' (e.g. YY) and then attempt to put that (P) it STILL pastes the clipboard. Yank has not worked. If I unset clipboard again then the previously yanked text can be put again.

This is all different behaviour (and apparently wrong) to my previous MacVim 53 or 66.