persistence of the more interface in the output of :reg :hist :jumps etc

persistence of the more interface in the output of :reg :hist :jumps etc

Renato Fabbri
how can one make persistent such lists that are output by many commands in a more interface?
I mean, so one can properly search, copy, and maybe iterate over them in
a quickfix, argslist, file and directory lists manner.

Re: persistence of the more interface in the output of :reg :hist :jumps etc

Gary Johnson-4
On 2017-11-09, Renato Fabbri wrote:
> how can one make persistent such lists that are output by many
> commands in a more interface?  I mean, so one can properly search,
> copy, and maybe iterate over them in a quickfix, argslist, file
> and directory lists manner.

The usual method of doing that is to use the :redir command, as in
this example.

    :set nomore
    :redir @a
    :ls
    :redir END
    :set more

Now the output of the :ls command is in the "a register, which you
can put into a buffer for viewing, editing and/or using as arguments
to other commands.  See

    :help redir

to learn about other places that the :redir output can be sent.

HTH,
Gary