phantom line error

roberto-6
hello everyone,
i'm running an octave script and today i got the following strange error:
######
octave-2.1.69:52> E_X
parse error near line 58 of file
/home/roberto/NETs/temix/routing-temix/giacomo/packetostatic/MATLAB/Octave/E_X.m

syntax error
#######

i know nothing seems to be wrong but my file "E_X" is only 56 line long!!
I'm currently using gvim editor version 6.3;
 i also made a check via another editor like kwrite but the same results happen.
No line 58, the script end on line 56 : (
i also added two more lines and then octave tells me the error is on
line 60; it seems that i have two phantom lines, but where?

thank you for any help

--
roberto
debian sarge, kernel 2.6.8

roberto
debian sarge, kernel 2.6.8

Re: phantom line error

Paul-433
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, roberto wrote:

> i'm running an octave script and today i got the following strange error:
> ######
> octave-2.1.69:52> E_X
> parse error near line 58 of file
> /home/roberto/NETs/temix/routing-temix/giacomo/packetostatic/MATLAB/Octave/E_X.m
>
> syntax error
> #######

That'll be something wrong with your octave parser. If it's anything like PHP,
it will or won't count commented lines, lines in included files, comments in
included files, etc etc. It changes from version to version, as with many
things in PHP.

.

Re: phantom line error

Giorgos Gaganis
roberto wrote:

>hello everyone,
>i'm running an octave script and today i got the following strange error:
>######
>octave-2.1.69:52> E_X
>parse error near line 58 of file
>/home/roberto/NETs/temix/routing-temix/giacomo/packetostatic/MATLAB/Octave/E_X.m
>
>syntax error
>#######
>
>i know nothing seems to be wrong but my file "E_X" is only 56 line long!!
>I'm currently using gvim editor version 6.3;
> i also made a check via another editor like kwrite but the same results happen.
>No line 58, the script end on line 56 : (
>i also added two more lines and then octave tells me the error is on
>line 60; it seems that i have two phantom lines, but where?
>
>thank you for any help

Hi
I would check to see whether there are any newlines that are formated in
another format (eg win). It could be that your parser gets confused by
two different kinds of newlines in your file.

Giorgos