plugins are not used, help not visible

Eddy Petrișor
Hello all,

I have just came across an issue which I don't know hw to solve. I
have tried and read the documentation, but I can't figure out what is
the problem.

I tried to add the c/c++ support plugin to my windows installation of
vim, but I observed nothing happened. The help was not found, nor any
functions that should have appeared.

I tried with a smaller plugin and found the problem is the same: :help
does not find it and no functions are found (tab completion does not
work).

If I run :scriptnames the script is listed as sourced.

Any idea what can I do to fix this?
Probably this is somthing stupid that I did...

P.S.: I have installed taglist previously and it works since I
installed it (including at the moment).

EddyP

Re: plugins are not used, help not visible

Charles E Campbell Jr
Eddy Petrişor wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I have just came across an issue which I don't know hw to solve. I
>have tried and read the documentation, but I can't figure out what is
>the problem.
>
>I tried to add the c/c++ support plugin to my windows installation of
>vim, but I observed nothing happened. The help was not found, nor any
>functions that should have appeared.
>
>I tried with a smaller plugin and found the problem is the same: :help
>does not find it and no functions are found (tab completion does not
>work).
>
>If I run :scriptnames the script is listed as sourced.
>

>Any idea what can I do to fix this?

As far as the help goes, presumably the help ended up in
..somepath...\vimfiles\doc -- did it?
Then you'll need to make vim aware of the new help:

  vim
  :helptags ..somepath..\vimfiles\doc
  :q

<push>
Of course, if you were using vim 7.0 and your plugin came as a vimball,
this would be automatic.
</push>

Now, does your .vimrc activate plugins?  In other words, does it have a
line early on of the form:
    filetype plugin indent on

To further investigate, try using the -V option:  vim -V  .  You'll get
a lot of tracing information.

Regards,
Chip Campbell