problem with map in custom vimrc

A Chaudhuri
I have a custom vimrc file with exactly this line:

map <F11> :call libcallnr("gvimfullscreen.dll", "ToggleFullScreen", 0)
<cr>

When I call vim with -u pointed to the path of the custom vimrc,
pressing <F11> does not work.

Output of first four lines of :map

v  <C-X>         "*d
n  <Leader>ihn   :IHN<CR>
n  <Leader>is    :IHS<CR>:A<CR>
n  <Leader>ih    :IHS<CR>
   <F11>         :call libcallnr("gvimfullscreen.dll",
"ToggleFullScreen", 0) <cr>

which shows that <F11> did get mapped.

gvimfullscreen.dll  is in C:\Program Files\Vim\vim73 folder, which
also contains gvim.exe.
I copied gvimfullscreen.dll to

I have the same line in the default _vimrc in my $HOME, and it works.

How can I debug this?

Re: problem with map in custom vimrc

Nazri Ramliy
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM, A Chaudhuri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a custom vimrc file with exactly this line:
>
> map <F11> :call libcallnr("gvimfullscreen.dll", "ToggleFullScreen", 0)
> <cr>
>
> When I call vim with -u pointed to the path of the custom vimrc,
> pressing <F11> does not work.
>
> Output of first four lines of :map
>
> v  <C-X>         "*d
> n  <Leader>ihn   :IHN<CR>
> n  <Leader>is    :IHS<CR>:A<CR>
> n  <Leader>ih    :IHS<CR>
>   <F11>         :call libcallnr("gvimfullscreen.dll",
> "ToggleFullScreen", 0) <cr>
>
> which shows that <F11> did get mapped.
>
> gvimfullscreen.dll  is in C:\Program Files\Vim\vim73 folder, which
> also contains gvim.exe.
> I copied gvimfullscreen.dll to
>

> I have the same line in the default _vimrc in my $HOME, and it works.
>
> How can I debug this?

Change the definition of your <F11> mapping to do, say, ":echo 'hello'<CR>",
and see if the problem is due to the mapping definition.

nazri