python 3

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

python 3

Ni Va
Hi,

Just try from vim.8.0.1330 to execute :py3 import sys (with python v3.7.0a2) fails and exit vim.


May I miss some things to do?
Thank you

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: python 3

wsdjeg
On Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 6:31:10 AM UTC+8, Ni Va wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just try from vim.8.0.1330 to execute :py3 import sys (with python v3.7.0a2) fails and exit vim.
>
>
> May I miss some things to do?
> Thank you

what is your os?

and what is the error message, nothing is post!

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: python 3

Ni Va
Le jeudi 23 novembre 2017 09:27:41 UTC+1, wsdjeg a écrit :

> On Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 6:31:10 AM UTC+8, Ni Va wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just try from vim.8.0.1330 to execute :py3 import sys (with python v3.7.0a2) fails and exit vim.
> >
> >
> > May I miss some things to do?
> > Thank you
>
> what is your os?
>
> and what is the error message, nothing is post!
Windows 10. And nothing is post effectively. non messages in vim etc..

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: python 3

Ni Va
Le jeudi 23 novembre 2017 09:50:20 UTC+1, Ni Va a écrit :

> Le jeudi 23 novembre 2017 09:27:41 UTC+1, wsdjeg a écrit :
> > On Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 6:31:10 AM UTC+8, Ni Va wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Just try from vim.8.0.1330 to execute :py3 import sys (with python v3.7.0a2) fails and exit vim.
> > >
> > >
> > > May I miss some things to do?
> > > Thank you
> >
> > what is your os?
> >
> > and what is the error message, nothing is post!
>
> Windows 10. And nothing is post effectively. non messages in vim etc..
Same problem as here :
https://vi.stackexchange.com/questions/12231/vim-crash-with-py3-import-sys-printsys-version

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: python 3

rameo
In reply to this post by Ni Va
On Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 11:31:10 PM UTC+1, Ni Va wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just try from vim.8.0.1330 to execute :py3 import sys (with python v3.7.0a2) fails and exit vim.
>
>
> May I miss some things to do?
> Thank you

You're using Python 3.7.
Vim is made for Python 3.5.
You need to install Python 3.5 (32 bits or 64 bits (the same as your Vim version))

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: python 3

Cesar Romani-2
On 24/11/2017 03:46 a.m., rameo wrote:
 > On Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 11:31:10 PM UTC+1, Ni Va wrote:
 >> Hi,
 >>
 >> Just try from vim.8.0.1330 to execute :py3 import sys (with python
v3.7.0a2) fails and exit vim.
 >>
 >>
 >> May I miss some things to do?
 >> Thank you
 >
 > You're using Python 3.7.
 > Vim is made for Python 3.5.
 > You need to install Python 3.5 (32 bits or 64 bits (the same as your
 > Vim version))
 >

That's not true. I'm using vim 8.1333 with Python 3.6.3 on Windows 7.

--
Cesar

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: python 3

Ni Va
Le vendredi 24 novembre 2017 14:58:17 UTC+1, andalou a écrit :

> On 24/11/2017 03:46 a.m., rameo wrote:
>  > On Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 11:31:10 PM UTC+1, Ni Va wrote:
>  >> Hi,
>  >>
>  >> Just try from vim.8.0.1330 to execute :py3 import sys (with python
> v3.7.0a2) fails and exit vim.
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> May I miss some things to do?
>  >> Thank you
>  >
>  > You're using Python 3.7.
>  > Vim is made for Python 3.5.
>  > You need to install Python 3.5 (32 bits or 64 bits (the same as your
>  > Vim version))
>  >
>
> That's not true. I'm using vim 8.1333 with Python 3.6.3 on Windows 7.
>
> --
> Cesar
Effectively Windows 10, vim.8.0.1333, both python 2.7 and 3.7.0 are installed.
Problem always here.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

回复: python 3

wsdjeg
no need to install python3.5 , just set the value of pythonthreedll.

发自我的华为手机

-------- 原始邮件 --------
主题:Re: python 3
发件人:Ni Va
收件人:vim_use
抄送:

Le vendredi 24 novembre 2017 14:58:17 UTC+1, andalou a écrit :
> On 24/11/2017 03:46 a.m., rameo wrote:
>  > On Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 11:31:10 PM UTC+1, Ni Va wrote:
>  >> Hi,
>  >>
>  >> Just try from vim.8.0.1330 to execute :py3 import sys (with python
> v3.7.0a2) fails and exit vim.
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> May I miss some things to do?
>  >> Thank you
>  >
>  > You're using Python 3.7.
>  > Vim is made for Python 3.5.
>  > You need to install Python 3.5 (32 bits or 64 bits (the same as your
>  > Vim version))
>  >
>
> That's not true. I'm using vim 8.1333 with Python 3.6.3 on Windows 7.
>
> --
> Cesar

Effectively Windows 10, vim.8.0.1333, both python 2.7 and 3.7.0 are installed.
Problem always here.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+[hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: python 3

Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov
2017-11-25 3:09 GMT+03:00 Shidong Wang <[hidden email]>:
> no need to install python3.5 , just set the value of pythonthreedll.

It is not going to work properly if Vim was compiled with python 3.5.
Python version Vim was compiled with and Python version actually used
must match, Python’s n.i and n.j are generally not ABI-compatible.

>
> 发自我的华为手机
>
> -------- 原始邮件 --------
> 主题:Re: python 3
> 发件人:Ni Va
> 收件人:vim_use
> 抄送:
>
> Le vendredi 24 novembre 2017 14:58:17 UTC+1, andalou a écrit :
>> On 24/11/2017 03:46 a.m., rameo wrote:
>>  > On Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 11:31:10 PM UTC+1, Ni Va wrote:
>>  >> Hi,
>>  >>
>>  >> Just try from vim.8.0.1330 to execute :py3 import sys (with python
>> v3.7.0a2) fails and exit vim.
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >> May I miss some things to do?
>>  >> Thank you
>>  >
>>  > You're using Python 3.7.
>>  > Vim is made for Python 3.5.
>>  > You need to install Python 3.5 (32 bits or 64 bits (the same as your
>>  > Vim version))
>>  >
>>
>> That's not true. I'm using vim 8.1333 with Python 3.6.3 on Windows 7.
>>
>> --
>> Cesar
>
> Effectively Windows 10, vim.8.0.1333, both python 2.7 and 3.7.0 are
> installed.
> Problem always here.
>
> --
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "vim_use" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [hidden email].
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
> --
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "vim_use" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [hidden email].
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: python 3

Ni Va
Le samedi 25 novembre 2017 12:55:32 UTC+1, ZyX a écrit :

> 2017-11-25 3:09 GMT+03:00 Shidong Wang <[hidden email]>:
> > no need to install python3.5 , just set the value of pythonthreedll.
>
> It is not going to work properly if Vim was compiled with python 3.5.
> Python version Vim was compiled with and Python version actually used
> must match, Python’s n.i and n.j are generally not ABI-compatible.
>
> >
> > 发自我的华为手机
> >
> > -------- 原始邮件 --------
> > 主题:Re: python 3
> > 发件人:Ni Va
> > 收件人:vim_use
> > 抄送:
> >
> > Le vendredi 24 novembre 2017 14:58:17 UTC+1, andalou a écrit :
> >> On 24/11/2017 03:46 a.m., rameo wrote:
> >>  > On Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 11:31:10 PM UTC+1, Ni Va wrote:
> >>  >> Hi,
> >>  >>
> >>  >> Just try from vim.8.0.1330 to execute :py3 import sys (with python
> >> v3.7.0a2) fails and exit vim.
> >>  >>
> >>  >>
> >>  >> May I miss some things to do?
> >>  >> Thank you
> >>  >
> >>  > You're using Python 3.7.
> >>  > Vim is made for Python 3.5.
> >>  > You need to install Python 3.5 (32 bits or 64 bits (the same as your
> >>  > Vim version))
> >>  >
> >>
> >> That's not true. I'm using vim 8.1333 with Python 3.6.3 on Windows 7.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Cesar
> >
> > Effectively Windows 10, vim.8.0.1333, both python 2.7 and 3.7.0 are
> > installed.
> > Problem always here.
> >
> > --
> > --
> > You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> > Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> > For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
> >
> > ---
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "vim_use" group.
> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> > email to [hidden email].
> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
> >
> > --
> > --
> > You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> > Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> > For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
> >
> > ---
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "vim_use" group.
> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> > email to [hidden email].
> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Sorry but vim's own build is compild with PYTHON_VER=37, DYNAMIC etc..
So it should works. It fails.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: python 3

Ni Va
Le dimanche 26 novembre 2017 22:14:56 UTC+1, Ni Va a écrit :

> Le samedi 25 novembre 2017 12:55:32 UTC+1, ZyX a écrit :
> > 2017-11-25 3:09 GMT+03:00 Shidong Wang <[hidden email]>:
> > > no need to install python3.5 , just set the value of pythonthreedll.
> >
> > It is not going to work properly if Vim was compiled with python 3.5.
> > Python version Vim was compiled with and Python version actually used
> > must match, Python’s n.i and n.j are generally not ABI-compatible.
> >
> > >
> > > 发自我的华为手机
> > >
> > > -------- 原始邮件 --------
> > > 主题:Re: python 3
> > > 发件人:Ni Va
> > > 收件人:vim_use
> > > 抄送:
> > >
> > > Le vendredi 24 novembre 2017 14:58:17 UTC+1, andalou a écrit :
> > >> On 24/11/2017 03:46 a.m., rameo wrote:
> > >>  > On Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 11:31:10 PM UTC+1, Ni Va wrote:
> > >>  >> Hi,
> > >>  >>
> > >>  >> Just try from vim.8.0.1330 to execute :py3 import sys (with python
> > >> v3.7.0a2) fails and exit vim.
> > >>  >>
> > >>  >>
> > >>  >> May I miss some things to do?
> > >>  >> Thank you
> > >>  >
> > >>  > You're using Python 3.7.
> > >>  > Vim is made for Python 3.5.
> > >>  > You need to install Python 3.5 (32 bits or 64 bits (the same as your
> > >>  > Vim version))
> > >>  >
> > >>
> > >> That's not true. I'm using vim 8.1333 with Python 3.6.3 on Windows 7.
> > >>
> > >> --
> > >> Cesar
> > >
> > > Effectively Windows 10, vim.8.0.1333, both python 2.7 and 3.7.0 are
> > > installed.
> > > Problem always here.
> > >
> > > --
> > > --
> > > You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> > > Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> > > For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
> > >
> > > ---
> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > > "vim_use" group.
> > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> > > email to [hidden email].
> > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
> > >
> > > --
> > > --
> > > You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> > > Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> > > For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
> > >
> > > ---
> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > > "vim_use" group.
> > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> > > email to [hidden email].
> > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
> Sorry but vim's own build is compild with PYTHON_VER=37, DYNAMIC etc..
> So it should works. It fails.
Uninstalling python 3.7 and after pyhton 3.5 installed it works.
Thank you.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: python 3

Cesar Romani-2
On 26/11/2017 04:45 p.m., Ni Va wrote:
[...]
 >>
 >> Sorry but vim's own build is compild with PYTHON_VER=37, DYNAMIC etc..
 >> So it should works. It fails.
 >
 > Uninstalling python 3.7 and after pyhton 3.5 installed it works.
 > Thank you.

It also works with python 3.6.3

--
Cesar

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.