"cannot write..."

Peiman Khosravi
Hello, since I've upgraded to the latest version (snapshot 73) on mavericks I'm getting this error when trying to save a html document, and the file doesn't get saved:

E382: Cannot write, 'buftype' option is set.

Any pointer are much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Peiman

Re: "cannot write..."

Peiman Khosravi
On 27 April 2014 01:55, peiman khosravi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, since I've upgraded to the latest version (snapshot 73) on mavericks I'm getting this error when trying to save a html document, and the file doesn't get saved:

E382: Cannot write, 'buftype' option is set.

​Just to clarify. I am opening a html file directly from the server and editing it. In the past I was able to save the edits by just saving the file. But now it seems that macvim is opening the file content inside a temporary buffer​ rather than opening the original file. Please see the screenshots attached.

Have I accidentally change my settings or is it the new version of macvim?

Many Thanks
Peiman

Inline images 1Inline images 2

Re: "cannot write..."

Peiman Khosravi

E382: Cannot write, 'buftype' option is set.

​FYI I figured it out. Just did

:set buftype: " "​

Now I can write the file.

Re: "cannot write..."

James Pope
Did you ever find a better solution?

I think it might be vim-jedi screwing it up -

I had this problem a while back, uninstalled a bunch of stuff, and here I am having this problem after installing vim-python-jedi again...

On Sunday, April 27, 2014 at 6:45:06 AM UTC-4, peiman khosravi wrote:

> E382: Cannot write, 'buftype' option is set.
>

> ​FYI I figured it out. Just did
>

> :set buftype: " "​
>

> Now I can write the file.

This message (including any attachments) contains information that is
confidential to IDology, Inc. and that is for the sole use of the intended
recipients. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, print,
retain, use, copy, distribute, forward or disclose to anyone this message
or any information contained in this message (including any attachments).
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender of
this error by reply e-mail, and please destroy all copies of this message
(including any attachments).