"columns" in gvimrc works in a strange way

"columns" in gvimrc works in a strange way

Kim Shawn

It seems that macvim calculates the width of its initial window
incorrectly.
The width of the initial window is 2 characters smaller than the value
specified in gvimrc.
For example, If I open Macvim when my gvimrc is like :

    $ cat .gvimrc
    .
    .
    set columns=80
    .
    .

Macvim's width appears to be 80 - 2 = 78.

There could be a tiny miss-calculation somewhere. :-)

Hope it would be fixed at the next release.

Re: "columns" in gvimrc works in a strange way

Kim Shawn

On 9월29일, 오후5시47분, "Shawn Y. Kim" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It seems that macvim calculates the width of its initial window
> incorrectly.
> The width of the initial window is 2 characters smaller than the value
> specified in gvimrc.
> For example, If I open Macvim when my gvimrc is like :
>
>     $ cat .gvimrc
>     .
>     .
>     set columns=80
>     .
>     .
>
> Macvim's width appears to be 80 - 2 = 78.
>
> There could be a tiny miss-calculation somewhere. :-)
>
> Hope it would be fixed at the next release.

Turns out it is ok.
I didn't take foldcolumn into calculation. :-(
Sorry for bothering...;;