"deoplete" has a problem with my ESP32... :)

"deoplete" has a problem with my ESP32... :)

tuxic
Hi,

currently I am codeing a firmware for an ESP32 microcontroller.
I am using the ESP-IDF framework. This framework needs some
environment variables to be set. If this is done, deoplete
get confused and behaves oddly (seems to be based on the
python version used by ESP-IDF...)

Is there a way to detect
* the existence and the contence of an environment variable inside vim
  script? How can I do this?
* the python version which is currently in use? How can I do this?

And
* is it possible to disable deocomplete temporarily without
  uninstalling it ? How can I do this?

Cheers!
mcc

BPJ

Re: "deoplete" has a problem with my ESP32... :)

BPJ
Den tis 22 dec. 2020 11:44 <[hidden email]> skrev:
Hi,

currently I am codeing a firmware for an ESP32 microcontroller.
I am using the ESP-IDF framework. This framework needs some
environment variables to be set. If this is done, deoplete
get confused and behaves oddly (seems to be based on the
python version used by ESP-IDF...)

Is there a way to detect
* the existence and the contence of an environment variable inside vim
  script? How can I do this?

Accessing/manipulating environment variables is easy:

echo exists('$FOO')
let $FOO = 'bar'
echo exists('$FOO')
echo empty($FOO)
echo $FOO

Note that the $ is always included. It is Vim's way of distinguishing env variables.
I do this all the time when running scripts which take env var config from inside Vim.

On 12/22 12:02, BPJ wrote:

> Den tis 22 dec. 2020 11:44 <[hidden email]> skrev:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > currently I am codeing a firmware for an ESP32 microcontroller.
> > I am using the ESP-IDF framework. This framework needs some
> > environment variables to be set. If this is done, deoplete
> > get confused and behaves oddly (seems to be based on the
> > python version used by ESP-IDF...)
> >
> > Is there a way to detect
> > * the existence and the contence of an environment variable inside vim
> >   script? How can I do this?
> >

> Accessing/manipulating environment variables is easy:
>
> echo exists('$FOO')
> let $FOO = 'bar'
> echo exists('$FOO')
> echo empty($FOO)
> echo $FOO
>
> Note that the $ is always included. It is Vim's way of distinguishing env
> variables.
> I do this all the time when running scripts which take env var config from
> inside Vim.
>

> * the python version which is currently in use? How can I do this?
> >

> > And
> > * is it possible to disable deocomplete temporarily without
> >   uninstalling it ? How can I do this?
> >

> > Cheers!
> > mcc

Hi,

thank you for your help! I found a switch to toggle deocomplete.

Cheers!
mcc