"mvim -v" faster terminal / console rendering

dza

"mvim -v" faster terminal / console rendering

dza
Hey guys.

Great work on MacVim. Unfortunately I prefer the console version (mvim -v # it says Vi-mode which is kinda odd since its not 'vi' compatible in that mode) though I can see the MacVim.app is much faster at rendering.

Is it possible to speed up the rendering in console/terminal by any means? I know I can disable heavy redraw options like "set cursorline" and "set relativenumber" but what I really want is a fast terminal vim.

The reason for this is I use a tmux pane to execute and I'd rather have vim and the pane in the same actual focused application on a Mac. That makes workflow so much easier.

So is the solution another terminal? I tried Terminal.app and iTerm.