Quantcast

'"' representation by dreamweaver '<93>'

'"' representation by dreamweaver '<93>'

luke-44
Hi,

I was trying out dreamweaver and decided to give it a miss and continue with
vim.
I created a file in dreamweaver and used double quotes ('"'), this showed up in
vim as '<93>'. Not as 4 chars, but as one code of some sorts (I don't know
which).
I want to replace them globally with a normal '"', so how do I go about that.

Any help kindly appreciated.

kind regards,
Luke
--
............._..
.|  .| |.|/.|_ .
.|__.|_|.|\.|_ .
:61 421 276 282:

Re: '"' representation by dreamweaver '<93>'

Marian Csontos
Hi Luke,

<93> which means char 93 hexadecimal, is &ldquo; or something simillar.
And you can change them to " by using:
:%s/^V147/"/ge

^V is CTRL-V, and 147 is decimal code of hex 93.

-- Marian

--
Mgr. Mari?n Csontos
program?tor POS

________ Information from NOD32 ________
http://www.nod32.com

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying out dreamweaver and decided to give it a miss and continue with
> vim.
> I created a file in dreamweaver and used double quotes ('"'), this showed up in
> vim as '<93>'. Not as 4 chars, but as one code of some sorts (I don't know
> which).
> I want to replace them globally with a normal '"', so how do I go about that.
>
> Any help kindly appreciated.
>
> kind regards,
> Luke

        :1,$s/<93>/"/g

where <93> is obtained by Ctrl-V x 9 3 (or Ctrl-Q x 9 3 if you use
Ctrl-V to paste).

See
        :help :s
        :help i_CTRL-V_digit

HTH,

Re: '"' representation by dreamweaver '<93>'

Bugzilla from peterp@stack.nl

> I was trying out dreamweaver and decided to give it a miss and continue with
> vim.
> I created a file in dreamweaver and used double quotes ('"'), this showed up in
> vim as '<93>'. Not as 4 chars, but as one code of some sorts (I don't know
> which).
> I want to replace them globally with a normal '"', so how do I go about that.

There are 2 replies already, but I often use the following if I don't
know / want to know how to input some characters.

Copy the character(s) you want to substitute, (visual,y or using y{motion}, and then do the following:
:%s/<C-R>"/thereplacement/g

where <C-R> is Ctrl-R.

This inserts the contents of the unnamed register (") in the
commandline, very handy.

Kind regards,

Peter Palm