read file from ftp server [was Re: "cannot write..."]

read file from ftp server [was Re: "cannot write..."]

Peiman Khosravi
Apologies for the double postings. I think I have narrowed down the problem.

Using 'Snapshot 73' on mavericks (not the previous release) I get this strange behaviour when opening a html file from a server (":e! ftp://something.co.uk/"):

Two buffers open (in a split window), one is blank and has the name of the actual file I've opened, and another has the content of the file I've opened but a different name/path (in /private/var/folder/...).

I then close the latter buffer and reload the file. Now it works as expected: the files name and content appear in one buffer.

Seems like a bug to me, unless I've accidentally enabled some option I don't know about.

Many thanks in advance.

Best,
Peiman

Re: read file from ftp server [was Re: "cannot write..."]

Peiman Khosravi

On 27 April 2014 12:49, peiman khosravi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Apologies for the double postings. I think I have narrowed down the problem.

Using 'Snapshot 73' on mavericks (not the previous release) I get this strange behaviour when opening a html file from a server (":e! ftp://something.co.uk/"):

Two buffers open (in a split window), one is blank and has the name of the actual file I've opened, and another has the content of the file I've opened but a different name/path (in /private/var/folder/...).

I then close the latter buffer and reload the file. Now it works as expected: the files name and content appear in one buffer.

Sorry for the noise. ​Just to say that I am still experiencing this. Any pointers much appreciated, or should I log a bug report?

Best,
Peiman​

Re: read file from ftp server [was Re: "cannot write..."]

Charles Campbell
peiman khosravi wrote:

> On 27 April 2014 12:49, peiman khosravi <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Apologies for the double postings. I think I have narrowed down
>     the problem.
>
>     Using 'Snapshot 73' on mavericks (not the previous release) I get
>     this strange behaviour when opening a html file from a server
>     (":e! ftp://something.co.uk/"):
>
>     Two buffers open (in a split window), one is blank and has the
>     name of the actual file I've opened, and another has the content
>     of the file I've opened but a different name/path (in
>     /private/var/folder/...).
>
>     I then close the latter buffer and reload the file. Now it works
>     as expected: the files name and content appear in one buffer.
>

> Sorry for the noise. ​Just to say that I am still experiencing this.
> Any pointers much appreciated, or should I log a bug report?

I suggest upgrading to the latest netrw, which you may get at:
http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW .  If there's still
a problem, check into  :help netrw-debug  .

Regards,
Chip Campbell