--remote unknown option argument

Mark Volkmann-2
I'm trying to use "vim --remote" to open a file in vim from a Mac OS X terminal window in an existing Vim session running in another terminal window. It outputs "Unknown option argument: "--remote". Is that option not supported in non-gui vim on Mac OS X?

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.

Re: --remote unknown option argument

Eric Christopherson
On Sun, Jul 13, 2014, Mark Volkmann wrote:
> I'm trying to use "vim --remote" to open a file in vim from a Mac OS X
> terminal window in an existing Vim session running in another terminal
> window. It outputs "Unknown option argument: "--remote". Is that option not
> supported in non-gui vim on Mac OS X?

Correct -- or rather, it requires compilation with +clientserver;
Apple's bundled Vim is not compiled with that. I'd recommend MacVim,
even if you don't plan on using the GUI.