ruby omnicomplete not showing dropdown menu

ruby omnicomplete not showing dropdown menu

DrSpatula
I'm attempting to set up omnicompletion for Ruby in vim as per this article

http://www.cuberick.com/2008/10/ruby-autocomplete-in-vim.html

I have this working on a VirtualBox VM running Arch linux, but my laptop installation of the same distro using the same .vim folder and .vimrc will not show the autocomplete menu when I press tab (using SuperTab plugin).  Instead I get the first item, and need to keep pressing tab to get the other possible options.  The menu is obviously more convenient, and I'd like to get it working.  Any ideas?