sessions

John Doe-4
I've read a lot about sessions in this group, but
never real-life what-is-best recipes. I've heard the
built-in session saving causes problems with
minibufexpl, does there exist an alternative?

I'm looking for the ability to load and save sessions
into different session files.

Thank you.

http://mail.yahoo.com

RE: sessions

John Doe-4
Care to share with the rest of the world this
homegrown solution of yours?

--- "Halim, Salman" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sessions, as you know, save mappings, options and
> all sorts of settings
> for the open buffers.  I prefer my sessions to
> simply store the open
> windows, the order in which they are, and their
> cursor positions.  So, I
> use a home-grown solution to just that:  it just
> stores the order of the
> windows (not even their sizes) and their cursor
> positions.
>
> Just using the built-in save/load session stuff
> should certainly do what
> you want, and you can customize what is saved
> through the help.
>
> Salman.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

RE: sessions

Halim, Salman
Oh, fine!  :)

You are forewarned, however; it has a lot of dependencies on other code;
mark and saveOpts are both Benji's, I believe, and the following Windo
functions are mine.  Enjoy!

Salman.

-- Cut here for Windo functions --
" just like windo but restores the current window when it's done
function! WinDo(command)
  let currwin=winnr()
  execute 'windo ' . a:command
  execute currwin . 'wincmd w'
endfunction
com! -nargs=+ -complete=command Windo call WinDo(<q-args>)

" Just like Windo except that it disables all autocommands for super
fast
" processing
function! WinDoFast( command )
  let savedEventIgnore=SaveOpts( 'ei' )