shiftwidth question

Goli, Rajesh (Rajesh)

':he shiftwidth' tells me

'shiftwidth' 'sw'?number?(default 8)
???local to buffer
?Number of spaces to use for each step of (auto)indent.?Used for
?|'cindent'|, |>>|, |<<|, etc.

But I want the shiftwidth to be one tab character. How do I achieve this?

-Rajesh

Re: shiftwidth question

adah
> But I want the shiftwidth to be one tab character. How do I achieve
> this?

let &shiftwidth=&tabstop

Best regards,

Yongwei

Re: shiftwidth question

Goli, Rajesh (Rajesh) wrote:

> ':he shiftwidth' tells me
>
> 'shiftwidth' 'sw'?number?(default 8)
> ???local to buffer
> ?Number of spaces to use for each step of (auto)indent.?Used for
> ?|'cindent'|, |>>|, |<<|, etc.
>
> But I want the shiftwidth to be one tab character. How do I achieve this?
>
> -Rajesh

set the 'shiftwidth' to the same value as 'tabstop' and, if you want
hard tabs, also set 'noexpandtab'. Those are the defaults anyway (with
sw = ts = 8, et = FALSE).