short file names

Samuel Wright
Testing again. Is this better?

Yes, I posted from the web interface of gmail. I think it is actually
line breaks not spaces. Is the text below any better?

Is everybody else having the same problem with my emails?

Sam

I cant spend much time on this right now, but for the moment

Yes, the file is an outline, a rename solved the problem.
No, it is not the length, the following worked fine

t.otl
tm.otl
smf.otl

Is there a filetype called *.tmf that vim might use instead of the otl
to determine file type?

I can only find

texmf.vim
tf.vim

in my syntax directory

Re: short file names

Tim Chase-2
> Testing again. Is this better?

Yup.

> Is there a filetype called *.tmf that vim might use instead of
> the otl to determine file type?

You can take a peek in $VIMRUNTIME/filetype.vim to see how vim
handles files of type "*.tmf" or "*.otl".  If there's nothing in
there, Vim may not know about such a filetype.  If this is the
case, you can make your own as described in

        :help new-filetype

If the syntax file exists, but just isn't getting identified, you
can simply include the block described in that bit of help.

If the syntax file doesn't exist, it's a tad more work to create
your own syntax file.  If its syntax is somewhat close to another
language, you might have luck copying its syntax file as
described in the help at

        :help mysyntaxfile

Hope this gives you some pointers to getting your desired syntax.

-tim