soft link broken by vi with samba

yahalome
I work on a file on a linux server  with gvim for windows. The file is a
soft link to another file. When I save the file from windows the link is
broken and I get two version of the file.

When doing the same with notepad it does not happen.

Is this a bug? How can I tell vi to stop doing this?

Yahalom Emet
Ashrait Team Leader
Xor Technologies
phone: 04-6619166
fax: 04-6619054
e-mail: [hidden email]
web: http://www.xortechnologies.com

Re: soft link broken by vi with samba

Bruce Mellows
yahalome wrote:
> I work on a file on a linux server  with gvim for windows. The file is a
> soft link to another file. When I save the file from windows the link is
> broken and I get two version of the file.
>
> When doing the same with notepad it does not happen.
>
> Is this a bug? How can I tell vi to stop doing this?

I think you want to look at :help backupcopy (or :he bkc)