syntax file help

jose isaias cabrera-2

Greetings!

I know that I can read the syntax help and learn everything about it, but I
don't have the time, right now.  If any of you, syntax guru, would like to
tell me, quickly, I would appreciate it.

I have searched through some of the *.vim syntax, but none seems to have
this.  I would like to be able to have []()=!%&?, etc. highlighted.  Any
ideas?  This is for the d.vim language.

thanks.

jos?

Re: syntax file help

Stefan Karlsson-3
For what it's worth. This is what I use to highlight + - < > << >> += !=
== etc. in C/C++:

  syn match cOperator "[-+&=<>*!|]"

You can do the same for D (look for "dOperator" in the syntax file). If
you don't want to completely remake the D syntax highlighting, but
rather just tweak it, I recommend you put your modifications in
.vim/after/syntax/d.vim.

-- Stefan

jose isaias cabrera wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I know that I can read the syntax help and learn everything about it,
> but I don't have the time, right now.  If any of you, syntax guru,
> would like to tell me, quickly, I would appreciate it.
>
> I have searched through some of the *.vim syntax, but none seems to
> have this.  I would like to be able to have []()=!%&?, etc.
> highlighted.  Any ideas?  This is for the d.vim language.
>
> thanks.
>
> jos?

Re: syntax file help

jose isaias cabrera-2

Thanks.  I quickly edited d.vim to see if it would work with this change and
it didn't.  No color change.

thanks for trying, though.

jos?

> For what it's worth. This is what I use to highlight + - < > << >> += !=
> == etc. in C/C++:
>
>  syn match cOperator "[-+&=<>*!|]"
>
> You can do the same for D (look for "dOperator" in the syntax file). If
> you don't want to completely remake the D syntax highlighting, but rather
> just tweak it, I recommend you put your modifications in
> .vim/after/syntax/d.vim.
>

> -- Stefan
>

> jose isaias cabrera wrote:
>

>> Greetings!
>>
>> I know that I can read the syntax help and learn everything about it, but
>> I don't have the time, right now.  If any of you, syntax guru, would like
>> to tell me, quickly, I would appreciate it.
>>
>> I have searched through some of the *.vim syntax, but none seems to have
>> this.  I would like to be able to have []()=!%&?, etc. highlighted.  Any
>> ideas?  This is for the d.vim language.
>>
>> thanks.
>>
>> jos?

Re: syntax file help

Stefan Karlsson-3
You made a mistake :-)

Did you change cOperator into dOperator?

-- Stefan

jose isaias cabrera wrote:

> Thanks.  I quickly edited d.vim to see if it would work with this
> change and it didn't.  No color change.
>
> thanks for trying, though.
>
> jos?
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Stefan Karlsson"
> <[hidden email]>

Re: syntax file help

jose isaias cabrera-2

Son-o-vah!  Too many tasks at once with low memory! :-)  YIKES!

thanks.

jic