syntax highlighting legend

Matthew Pritchard
Hello I am wondering what is the color code for the different colors vim displays. I am also assuming that these colors can be customized. How do I do this?

Re: syntax highlighting legend

tuxic
On 02/15 03:13, Matthew Pritchard wrote:

> Hello I am wondering what is the color code for the different colors vim
> displays. I am also assuming that these colors can be customized. How do I
> do this?

> ---

in vim try

ESC : h colors

Cheers!
mcc

Re: syntax highlighting legend

meine
On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 03:13:52PM -0800, Matthew Pritchard wrote:
> Hello I am wondering what is the color code for the different colors vim
> displays. I am also assuming that these colors can be customized. How do I
> do this?

you can open a colorscheme in vim and see how colors are defined. then
build your own, or change some at your need.

//meine

Re: syntax highlighting legend

Lifepillar
On 2021-02-15, Matthew Pritchard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello I am wondering what is the color code for the different colors vim
> displays. I am also assuming that these colors can be customized. How do I
> do this?

I'd recommend to start with:

    :help coloring

In particular, some conventional names are listed under

    :help group-name

The command to change colors is :highlight, so if you just want to
customize some colors of your current color scheme, that should be
enough.

If you want to develop your own color scheme instead, I'd follow the
other suggestion to look at existing color schemes and start tweaking.
This reading may also be useful:

    :edit $VIMRUNTIME/colors/Readme.txt

There is a plugin called Colortemplate (developed by myself), which aims
at making the task of building color schemes easier. But it doesn't hurt
to know how things work in Vim first.

Hope this help.
Life.