syntax/tex.vim & spell for vim7

Dr. Johannes Zellner
Hello,

I just did some small modifications to syntax/tex.vim to make it work
with vim7's spell feature. It's attached.

Johannes

tex.vim (21K) Download Attachment

Re: syntax/tex.vim & spell for vim7

Chris Allen
On 03/06/05, Johannes Zellner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just did some small modifications to syntax/tex.vim to make it work
> with vim7's spell feature. It's attached.

This doesn't work particularly well for me using today's Vim7 from
CVS.  I seem to get spell checking of text inside {} with these
modifications (which is of questionable value, IMHO, since the values
of command arguments will often not be natural language text), but I
do not get checking of normal paragraph text.

I also seem to get consistent as well as semi-random spelling error
indication on TeX commands.  The standard \text* font commands, like
\textbf{} are all marked as spelling errors, for example.  Some errors
seem semi-random because it does not appear to be consistent based on
what the command name is.  For example, one of my ten \usepackage
commands is marked as a spelling error, but the other nine are not.
There is a screen-shot example of this at
http://fastjack.turf.org/~chrisa/texspellfailure.png should anyone
want to see that in action, with the TeX file at
http://fastjack.turf.org/~chrisa/0_melbourne_diary.tex.  Note
particularly the \usepackage commands.  Syntax highlighting of all
usepackage commands appears correct in Vim 6.3 using the same tex.vim
syntax file.

Chris