termguicolors and xterm

Chris Jones-44
I came across a new 'termguicolors' option in Vim.

I took a closer look using KDE's Konsole and gnome-terminal and it
appears to work out of the box: just a matter of adding a ":set
termguicolors" statement to your ~/.vimrc and 16M colors color schemes
written with gvim in mind are correctly displayed on these two
terminals.

Since I do not normally use Konsole or gnome-terminal I proceeded to
take a look at xterm where I was unable to get this new Vim magic to
work.

Has anyone been able to get the 'termguicolors' option to work on xterm
or does xterm altogether lack the capability?

Tested with XTerm(327) on debian stable (stretch).

Thanks,

CJ

Re: termguicolors and xterm

Chris Jones-44
On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 05:43:24PM EST, Chris Jones wrote:

> I came across a new 'termguicolors' option in Vim.
>
> I took a closer look using KDE's Konsole and gnome-terminal and it
> appears to work out of the box: just a matter of adding a ":set
> termguicolors" statement to your ~/.vimrc and 16M colors color schemes
> written with gvim in mind are correctly displayed on these two
> terminals.
>
> Since I do not normally use Konsole or gnome-terminal I proceeded to
> take a look at xterm where I was unable to get this new Vim magic to
> work.
>
> Has anyone been able to get the 'termguicolors' option to work on xterm
> or does xterm altogether lack the capability?
>
> Tested with XTerm(327) on debian stable (stretch).
>
> Thanks,
>
> CJ

Jury still out on this one?

Thanks,