terminal - back to terminal from normal ?

terminal - back to terminal from normal ?

M Kelly
Hi,

When in a terminal I can do <C-\><C-n> or <C-w><C-N> to get into normal mode.
But is there a way to get back to terminal mode ?  No matter what I try and search for I cannot seem to find it.

thx,
mark

Re: terminal - back to terminal from normal ?

Bram Moolenaar

Mark Kelly wrote:

> When in a terminal I can do <C-\><C-n> or <C-w><C-N> to get into
> normal mode.  But is there a way to get back to terminal mode ?  No
> matter what I try and search for I cannot seem to find it.

Any command that would start Insert mode, e.g. 'a' or 'i'.

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)

Re: terminal - back to terminal from normal ?

M Kelly
> Any command that would start Insert mode, e.g. 'a' or 'i'.

Well ok, thats just too darn obvious!

thx as always,
mark

Re: terminal - back to terminal from normal ?

M Kelly
Would something like this work as a toggle ?

nnoremap <expr> <silent> <C-\><C-n> (&buftype == 'terminal') ? 'i' : '\<Nop>'

-mark