terminal command to open multiple files in a vim split screen instance

terminal command to open multiple files in a vim split screen instance

Johann Bestowrous
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I have done due diligence with googling :P

I was wondering if there was a terminal command that would let me open a set of files in a split screen with MacVim. I let my lazy imagination run wild on Sundays and accomplishing this would give my inner sloth serenity when working with a couple of different frameworks.

Thanks in advance.

--Johann

Re: terminal command to open multiple files in a vim split screen instance

Andrew Stewart
On 7 Jul 2013, at 21:14, Johann Bestowrous <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was wondering if there was a terminal command that would let me open a set of files in a split screen with MacVim. I let my lazy imagination run wild on Sundays and accomplishing this would give my inner sloth serenity when working with a couple of different frameworks.

This opens files in horizontal splits:

    $ mvim -o foo.txt bar.txt baz.txt

And this opens them in vertical splits:

    $ mvim -O foo.txt bar.txt baz.txt