to get rid of postscript on windows

Zbigniew Kowalski
Hi,

I'm running Vim 70 on win XP,
since the upgrade to 70 I can't print because Vim uses postscript mode
to make a hardcopy (it says "sending to printer" and "print job sent")
and the result gets lost someplace.

The question is:

1. How to make Vim print using standard windows mode
(with a dialog for selecting a printer and w/o postscript).

2. Why VIM 70 uses postscript rather than normal windows mode?
Have I done something wrong while I was installing VIM?

3. Is it possible to use postscript mode successfully under win
with a postscript printer, but over the network?

Best regards

Zbigniew Kowalski
http://zbikow1.webpark.pl/

Re: to get rid of postscript on windows

Mike Williams
Zbigniew Kowalski did utter on 01/06/2006 14:26:

> I'm running Vim 70 on win XP,
> since the upgrade to 70 I can't print because Vim uses postscript mode
> to make a hardcopy (it says "sending to printer" and "print job sent")
> and the result gets lost someplace.
>
> The question is:
>
> 1. How to make Vim print using standard windows mode
> (with a dialog for selecting a printer and w/o postscript).
>
> 2. Why VIM 70 uses postscript rather than normal windows mode?
> Have I done something wrong while I was installing VIM?
>
> 3. Is it possible to use postscript mode successfully under win
> with a postscript printer, but over the network?

By default VIM on Windows uses the Windows print APIs, it will only
generate PostScript if it was compiled in.  Does the output from
:version include +postscript?  If it does then whoever built your
version of VIM included it, and you need to find another Windows
distribution that does not include PostScript.

TTFN

Mike